20v Ae71 - Nana Always Needed More Powah!!

LukeAE71

Yes it is close to the heater inlet, which is why you really can't run a heater with a 20 valve engine in there. I wanted to but at the end of the day I decided it was not worth it, I don't feel the cold much anyway. My wife does but she'll get over it.

The dizzy cover that I got is probably about 1cm from the heater inlet when you look at it in real life. There is no way you could run the original dizzy setup without some serious hammer time on the firewall.

I took those pics though to show just how close a 20 valve fits, there really isn't much room at all!!!

I do plan to run aircon though, but later once I have it all running I will attempt that. I do get hot in Summer and the aircon in this car was icy cool :yes:

hahahaha :jamie: i love it how you go she'll get over it haha if ya don't like it leave haha

aircon shouldn't be all that hard should it

Edited by mr ae71

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The air con compressor will fit ok but you need a different length belt as the normal belt runs the air con and the power steering pump. The power steering pump is obviously not used in my car. There is also a bit of an issue with the fact that the engine mount gets in the way but I will work a way around this.

It's winter now anyway won't be needing the air con for a while yet :jamie:

No huge update from the weekend but I did do the following:

- cut out extra room in the gear shifter spot for my manual shifter as my car was factory automatic

- fitted up my newly acquired manual tailshaft

- adjusted my bonnet properly after having it on/off on/off putting the engine in and out

- gave the car a good clean and vacuum

I really can't progress much more at the moment as I am collecting parts and also need more money to finish it all off. Damn it is getting expensive.

I am still looking for the following items to finish my car

1. T50 shifter assembly or K50

2. Surge Tank

3. Fuel Set-up

4. Exhaust for 20V in AE71, I know I am dreaming but I just don't really want to pay for a custom one if I can avoid it.

Then it can go to the tuner.... :jamie:

well your further than my car is getting hahah it is collecting dust while i am collecting parts

i don't know if little red spirit can help for the exhaust i am pretty sure he has done the 20v into an ae71 so maybe ask him if he can help ya out with an exhaust??

At the moment I think it looks a little American Gangster due to the ride height. It looks like it has bags that are set to the highest height at the moment with the guard gaps... :P

I have 2" lower springs to put in which should make it look a bit more "down to earth". I have decided not to put them in at the moment due to the car needing to go on a trailer soon and the higher the better for that. :P

you can run a heater no problem at all with a cover of the original dizzy base though

Yeah I did think about it Sam but decided it was not worth the effort. You can do it but you have to admit there is not much room back there.

At the moment I am really interested in getting it going and can sort out the finer details once it is running. I really need to get it on the road :P

At the moment I am really interested in getting it going and can sort out the finer details once it is running. I really need to get it on the road :P

i think everbody with a project car needs/wants it going lol

...and a gangster sticker for the gangster car lol

I put that sticker on already I couldn't wait. It looks killer and is a good size too. I will put up pics of it after the weekend when more progress pics will be taken.