20v Ae71 - Nana Always Needed More Powah!!

LukeAE71

Found this pic on the net during my searchings. Thanks to the owner for the pic!!

Some inspiration for my rocker cover I think. I still would like to run the front timing and water pump covers though. Have to find out whether the crinkle coat stuff is ok on plastic.

post-7149-1239260292_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Made some big progress over the weekend.

Engine is now in and completed the install of my manual pedal box which was half done previously.

I left my camera at work so no progress pics but I will take some pics tonight of the engine in the bay. Was an epic long weekend of working on the car though, so so happy right now :hammer:

Still a fair few little things to do, but will do them over the next week or so, then just need to get an exhaust made and send it to a tuner to be wired and tuned. Getting close now :y: :y:

EDIT: Car is booked to be wired and tuned next week. Far out I have some work to do between now and then.

Edited by LukeAE71

Made some big progress over the weekend.

Engine is now in and completed the install of my manual pedal box which was half done previously.

I left my camera at work so no progress pics but I will take some pics tonight of the engine in the bay. Was an epic long weekend of working on the car though, so so happy right now :hammer:

Still a fair few little things to do, but will do them over the next week or so, then just need to get an exhaust made and send it to a tuner to be wired and tuned. Getting close now :y: :y:

Sounds like its all going well. Its gonna be a weapon.

Youll have to tell us how it runs on the Microtech. Ive not used one on a TPS tune, and Ive heard they don't do it that well. Myths were meant to be broken I guess.

I really like this car. Good to see it all come together.

Sounds like its all going well. Its gonna be a weapon.

Youll have to tell us how it runs on the Microtech. Ive not used one on a TPS tune, and Ive heard they don't do it that well. Myths were meant to be broken I guess.

I really like this car. Good to see it all come together.

Thanks Matt. I just read your write up on the conversion, I could have done with that a few weeks ago :y: It will still help me out with a few technical things I have to complete.

Thanks for the tip on the KE70 throttle cable, couldn't believe how easy it was to change and it fits perfectly :hammer:

its coming along pretty quik, gonna be one hell of a weapon :y: :y: can't wait to see it in

person..

It might seem like it is coming along quick but I have been gathering parts for the best part of the last three months. The car has been off the road since two days before Christmas, so nearly four months.

I didn't want to start a thread until I had some progress as I didn't know that it would all come together as I had planned. So far it seems to be going as planned so I am pumped about it.

I took a heap of pics of it last night and this morning but then left my camera at home to upload the pics. I will remember it tomorrow :hammer: :P

looks the goods man should be good once you get it running bud that dizzy/cas is close to the firewall

Yes it is close to the heater inlet, which is why you really can't run a heater with a 20 valve engine in there. I wanted to but at the end of the day I decided it was not worth it, I don't feel the cold much anyway. My wife does but she'll get over it.

The dizzy cover that I got is probably about 1cm from the heater inlet when you look at it in real life. There is no way you could run the original dizzy setup without some serious hammer time on the firewall.

I took those pics though to show just how close a 20 valve fits, there really isn't much room at all!!!

I do plan to run aircon though, but later once I have it all running I will attempt that. I do get hot in Summer and the aircon in this car was icy cool :jamie: