20v Ae71 - Nana Always Needed More Powah!!

LukeAE71

How does it go for stopping power? I hate the brakes in my ke70 with a 4k!! I can't imagine a 4age in it with stock brakes :)

Travis.

Stopping is not that great. I am sure the brakes are ok for a few hard corners but when you come into a corner at 80 or so and you put your foot down the combination of standard suspension and brakes does not inspire much confidence at all. It just feels like you are not going to make the corner....

I am used to cars that have brakes to match their performance so maybe that is my problem. Either way I am not pushing it until I have upgraded the brakes and suspension. I am careful in that way, some would say soft but I prefer careful :)

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When I'm down your way I'll give you a holler.... So far I haven't been that way. :)

No worries man, met your mate with the sr20 ke70 last week. Came and picked up my granny louvre. He was telling me about this car and showed me some pics. I was pretty jealous of his Mazda 1300 wagon too lol, good bloke

Cheers, Ben.

No worries man, met your mate with the sr20 ke70 last week. Came and picked up my granny louvre. He was telling me about this car and showed me some pics. I was pretty jealous of his Mazda 1300 wagon too lol, good bloke

Cheers, Ben.

Would you believe he has two of those wagons.... The one he uses as a daily is for sale but I think you will need deep pockets. That thing is pretty clean and low k's just with a bit of rust from sitting around for a while. It still has the plastic on the rear door trims. Those things are hard to find these days :y:

I love that he was showing you pics of my car he must have been impressed. I go past his work everyday and when I'm in the rolla I give it stick :y: Dan is a great bloke and always up for a chat bout rollas

Would you believe he has two of those wagons.... The one he uses as a daily is for sale but I think you will need deep pockets. That thing is pretty clean and low k's just with a bit of rust from sitting around for a while. It still has the plastic on the rear door trims. Those things are hard to find these days :y:

I love that he was showing you pics of my car he must have been impressed. I go past his work everyday and when I'm in the rolla I give it stick :y: Dan is a great bloke and always up for a chat bout rollas

Yeah he was telling me about his other wagon as well. I am actually sort of interested in the one he's selling, I remember seeing pics on ausrotary ages ago and it is indeed very clean and original. They are one car I have always wanted

Haha yeah he was a pretty cool guy, had a chat for quite a while

Cheers, Ben.

So I want for a strap in this car, this morning.

Very impressed, its drives very well and goes very very hard for essentially a stock 1.6-litre

And that induction sound!!!! :y: :y:

I want a 20V in my wagon hahaha

Cheers, Ben.

So I want for a strap in this car, this morning.

Very impressed, its drives very well and goes very very hard for essentially a stock 1.6-litre

And that induction sound!!!! :) :D

I want a 20V in my wagon hahaha

Cheers, Ben.

lol thanks Ben.

You know if you need any help converting your wagon to 20V I am more than happy to offer some assistance. I reckon if you have all the parts you could do it in a weekend, then send it off to be wired and tuned :P

How come you built this if your not going to skid or rally it and want a cheap daily? Should of just got a 20 valve fwd corolla as you seem to have no need for the rwd side of things. Would of save you alot of time and money. Just go out and skid it at least once. Or even do a grip day or something like that. Suburban driving is no way to test out the real potential of this car. Aside from that its a dope build. Gl with it.

How come you built this if your not going to skid or rally it and want a cheap daily? Should of just got a 20 valve fwd corolla as you seem to have no need for the rwd side of things. Would of save you alot of time and money. Just go out and skid it at least once. Or even do a grip day or something like that. Suburban driving is no way to test out the real potential of this car. Aside from that its a dope build. Gl with it.

I love how you say I have no need for the RWD side of things :wink:

As this build evolves so will the use of the car. At this stage I have a fairly standard drivetrain but a different engine. Whilst the car is in such tidy condition I will use it as my daily etc. When I have another daily things will get a little more serious. You might say I could have saved money... what about what I learnt from this build? I did the majority of it myself ;)

What's the point in having a car you can only skid or grip drive?

If I upgrade some suspension and brakes I should be able to take it to a grip day having driven it there and back all the while with the comforts of a full interior etc.

Not every xE7X has to be built for the track :y:

I love how you say I have no need for the RWD side of things :wink:

As this build evolves so will the use of the car. At this stage I have a fairly standard drivetrain but a different engine. Whilst the car is in such tidy condition I will use it as my daily etc. When I have another daily things will get a little more serious. You might say I could have saved money... what about what I learnt from this build? I did the majority of it myself ;)

What's the point in having a car you can only skid or grip drive?

If I upgrade some suspension and brakes I should be able to take it to a grip day having driven it there and back all the while with the comforts of a full interior etc.

Not every xE7X has to be built for the track :y:

I do have a 4age ke70 that I built myself and its my daily driver. Its also a little bit suspension wise but still going to do more. Got ###### 6kg coilovers which make it handle really nicely taking corners. Cusco Camber Tops. 4.5kg springs rear. Also xt130 LCA's And next up got lock spacer, tie rods and swaybars. Ive done most of the build myself aswell with a helping hand from a few mates. From my experience I'm glad I did a bit of suspension first cause when I have the power I got something to make the car handle better unlike if I were to leave it stock. Are you looking at getting coilovers and stiff springs for the rear and some of the other things Ive said?

Edited by ke70 xx

I have put in 6 kg front springs and 4.5 kg rear today. I do not have the money for coilovers yet and really they are only necessary if you want and need adjustability. I don't at this stage! I want to perform each mod at a time, assess what it does and gradually add to it.

I have given consideration to XT130 LCA's however the camber looks quite obvious from the front and I don't really want extra attention from the 5-0. I am curious as to why you have camber tops and XT130's? ;)

I have done this thing on a tight ass budget so all good things will come in time :wink:

So yes, I have done some of the things you said :y:

Thanks for the feedback and the tips mate :y:

Have you got yours on the road?? Would love to see it some time

Edited by LukeAE71

xt130 lca's gives little camber for the drifting

Add camber tops to it and its perfect, anywhere around 0-3.5ish neg camber can be had yea?

I personally think you should go with a very smiilar if not the same suspension setup as what Littleredspirit had in his old car, it was great and perfect for what you would be into from what ive read :wink:

Also invest in some braces like what Littleredspirit has, they may save your life, and they certainly saved most of Matt's engine bay :y:

Most worthwhile upgrade in my opinion, its why I'm going to start fabricating them ;)

Travis

Personally the hills are at my back door so naturally suspension setup for hills driving is where my E7 is progressing. As much as id say thats whats Luke is aiming for as he is smack bang in the hills and country side.

Daily drives to work from there would be nice :wink: