May 28, 200917 yr comment_347942 RAT ROD RAT ROD! Overdone. It's cool to drag a 70 year old car out of a paddock and stick a motor in and drive it, body untouched, but the commodore is a joke. I'm a huge fan of rat rods, but they are far more than a rusty old body. People sent thousands doing up a car to that style, underneath they are usually in better mechanical condition than most older cars. The outside "rust" is only surface rust which is carefully monitored. Beemer looks sweet, commy is a joke! Report
May 28, 200917 yr Author comment_347948 Beemer looks sweet, commy is a joke! Agree totally! I think it is funny the guys who are freaking out about rust when it is faux patina. :P The ratrodding crowd have been doing it for years. Edited May 28, 200917 yr by Felix Report
May 28, 200917 yr comment_347974 I have big love for MK1 Golfs My mate wrapped his around a pole haha, his could've turned out ok don't really dig the whole rust thing though, a bit of patina is cool but thats just stupid lol Cheers, Ben. Report
May 28, 200917 yr comment_347983 mmm there not the kewl mark 1 haha, gay ass tail lights. thinks its a later model of the mark1 (euro) as it has the same front end. almost had a golf the other day for 800bucks but sold :P so devo bout it. will kill for this car Report
May 28, 200917 yr comment_348005 Haha I think I've been living in a hole. I've never seen this. I've seen a ute covered in fake grass, but never rust, and not on purpose hahaha the beetle's so cool!! HAHAHAHA it was somewhat like this... Edited May 28, 200917 yr by Lexxi[ke35] Report
May 28, 200917 yr comment_348051 oh yeah thats the shit same model as my mates old one his was poo brown and pretty clean haha Cheers, Ben. Report
May 28, 200917 yr Author comment_348090 Flat black E32. :P It would look better in satin black. Edited May 28, 200917 yr by Felix Report
May 30, 200917 yr comment_348494 The flat black thing has been done to death as well though. again, another rod style permeating through car worldwide. Report
May 30, 200917 yr Author comment_348503 The flat black thing has been done to death as well though. Definitely. The E32 is a little bit different as you don't see them everyday like flat black ke70's. Report
May 30, 200917 yr comment_348544 Flat black done well is still a beautiful thing. Flat black done with spray cans from super cheap has been done to death and has never looked good. Report
May 30, 200917 yr comment_348561 Yeh, that's it exactly..... I do like a good gloss black paintjob with a flattened clear on it too. has much more depth to it. Report
May 30, 200917 yr comment_348666 you can simply buy a rust effect 2 part paint, paint on one lot (has minute little iran particles) then paint on the other part (chloring based from memory) and you have a rust effect. actually, I saw a bloke with a new trend yesterday on the F3. goldy coloured KE70 with white wheels and a white bonnet! first thought was it was a spare bonnet after the other was rusty or something, but then I thought well, it matched the wheels? forsale sign on the back window said worked 4age, tonnes of spares etc etc. wasnt a bad looking car apart from the bonnet. (has minute little iran particles) fkn taliban are in our paint too :rolla: Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now