Sideways Wagon Style

Boost+k

i'll deff build a few more turbo k series before I'm done... my twin charged injected 5k is still sitting there with all the parts ready to be put togeather :D just waiting for a worthy shell to turn up, like a ke17 or ke26 :)

i've got a couple of good vids from the last munji day but I'm only on dail up so would take me like 20hours to upload, lol

yea the su was a prick to start on cold mornings, alot of the time it was easier to just push it, i used a 1.75" SU i think, i will measure it, it was a factory blow-tho Su from a MG montego , same place i got the factory malpassi reg (also i had no choke because it was all electric and i never figured out how to work it, 6 wires for a choke???)

the su was the smoothist and i never had any fueling issues BUT i couldn't get the thing to stop leaking, i think you need to make new brass bushes for the throttle linkages to fix it proper

so i'd say weber would be a far better option if you can build a easily removable box for it

3k will be suck thro SU, probally with no bonnet :y:

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Twincharge 5k hey!? :)

The thought has crossed my mind before as well...... hence the gilmer belt drive.

Would love a big arse laggy turbo (for a K) like a GT2860R and then use an SC14 to get it going. Would have a switch connected to the clutch as well so I could turn it off. Would probably also run that through an ECU auxilary to switch it off at a certain RPM or boost pressure when the turbos has spooled up.

How are you going to set your up? With a bypass valve?

nope... I'm going something more simple... sc12(with no clutch) off the side with pipe to inlet, turbo blowing through the supercharger with the throttle just before the charger, then water/meth injected before the charger when it hits 10psi or so

charger should be geared to about 5psi, then chuck another 10 or so from the turbo, to start with, out through a t40, O dish motor, with most of the good bits from my old build, but new oversize pistons

turbo i am a little undecided, was leaning towards a vf8, but now i am thinking twin scroll todhhd, both of which i have, always wanted a twin scroll turbo K series :)

i think if you turned the charger off it would be quite hard to tune it for a smooth curve with some tricky use of valves to control the flow

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

cheers guys... yea i really should buy a couple more of the meshies but am damn broke atm

abit of a update, a rather sad one tho...

i spent about 2 weeks solid getting car ready for powercruise, new electric water pump, new g/box, 5puk clutch, changed my rad setup, fitted up a heap of tyres, new alignment, and was ment to leave at 9am in the morning but i decided i'd probally have better luck with the cops after dark and stayed home all day and did some other finishing touches like lock stoppers etc

so i hit the road about 7pm and i didn't make it far... turns out all my heating issues have been from a faulty heater rad, when it got hot it would expand and seap/leak, not enough to get water in my car or anything but enough to let air into the system, so i guess this let some air in, then it got hot and at this point the pump seal let go and dumped all the water on the ground, and then air-locked around my temp sensor, so my temp gauge was going down... i pulled off the motorway to block off some of the rad, and as soon as i slowed down i could hear knocking

cooked it good and proper, think i broke 3 pistons, won't know till i get time to strip it down

so i got a tow home jumped in my daily and went to watch the fun anyway, it was quite painful to watch others having fun while my car was sitting dead at home after sooo much work

so now I'm too broke to buy another DET so i got a DE and have put that in with the turbo on etc but run into a new problem... the guy i got it off tapped the threads for water and oil feeds and the water is slightly off center so it doesn't seal so now i need to find some crazy tool to recut the surface, i think i can use a counterbore but there about $80 :locked:

damn thing is getting to me, think i might concentrate on the starlet for a little while

Definitely have more love for the k series than the sr!!!!!!!!! :cool:

but unfortently the starlet won't be getting a k series (at least not right now) i brought it back and its getting used for a new race series that is starting up here that you can only spend $700 on the car (except from saftey, tyres and brakes) and its getting a 3tc with t40 and a f series diff, and a tbo3 suck through carb setup :locked: and it will be widebody and look dodgy as possable to convince them its only worth $700, so far I'm well under budget and have all main components :n:

• 3 months later...

long time no update... how slack, anyway i've been running a non-turbo motor with a t28 on the side running 15psi, only makes 188kw but thats on a dyno well knowen for underreading, the compression increase makes it a much nicer car to drive and i've been out having heaps of fun in it, unfortently i wassn't paying attention on the way to work one morning and had a little crash in traffic so shes sporting a new front i had lying out the back

recently i went and tryed out the new local track (hampton downs) its a great track and i wish i could spend more time there but cash is short ATM, it was a new thing they call "twilight drifting" so a 2 hour beat down from 5-7pm, heres some shots i've found floating around on the net

mmalcolm351.jpg

440318877545abe2aa42.jpg

4403951878ba6cc6c840.jpg

and also made it onto speed hunters somehow??? DELIVERY VAN