May 15, 200521 yr comment_43918 This will probably end up in the Wiki somewhere, but for now I'm just going to put it in this thread. Lots of people talk about T-series diffs, kouki and zenki etc, but few people ever mention the axles. And then there's the people who say that if you have a non-LSD T-series diff and you want to put a TRD LSD center in, then you need to shorten the axles about 5mm... Well anyways, what I wanted to point out is: Not all T-series axles are created equal. There are at least (and probably more) 3 different sorts: TA22: These are fairly short, fairly thin, and use tiny bearings RA23/38, TA23: These are about the same length as the TA22 (I think slightly longer?), and are a bit thicker, and use a much bigger bearing RA40/60: These are identical to RA23, except about 20mm longer. Same bearing etc. I'm not sure about the mounting plate, but visually they look the same. Splines are the same (obviously). I'll try to get some proper measurements or something... Maybe even some pictures if I get hardworking enough! Edited May 15, 200521 yr by demuire Report
May 16, 200521 yr Author comment_44037 Measured with my dodgy tape measure, from axle flange to end: TA22: 550mm RA23: 555mm RA40: 585mm Edited May 16, 200521 yr by demuire Report
May 19, 200521 yr Author comment_44847 From left to right: RA40, RA23, TA22 Also, I want to put this in the Wiki, but have no idea where it should fit? Under "differential gears"? Report
May 19, 200521 yr Author comment_44857 Half the stuff in the differential gears section should probably sit in the differentials housing section too. Or should it? They're kinda related. Report
May 20, 200521 yr comment_44997 I want to get a LSD for my ke70, and I assume the ae86 rear axle with LSD will fit? is they the same length? I know the springs and shocks will fit, but do I need to alter the location of where they are mounted? Report
May 20, 200521 yr Author comment_45000 Depends on what sort of diff you have in your KE70. As for length or locating points, I have no idea. Report
May 21, 200521 yr comment_45026 Yeah a ae86 lsd rear end will bolt into a ke70 driveshafts are different though/handbrake cables.In regaurds to t series axles there is a different spline count axle as well. Report
May 21, 200521 yr Author comment_45030 Yes, spline wise there are 2 different sorts of T-series axles - Zenki and Kouki or something. The later model ones (which never came to Australia) are bigger. Anything you get in Australia would be the earlier style, small one. Report
June 20, 200521 yr comment_51567 And then there's the people who say that if you have a non-LSD T-series diff and you want to put a TRD LSD center in, then you need to shorten the axles about 5mm yeah a ae86 lsd rear end will bolt into a ke70 driveshafts is this true...really..cause i have one 86 lsd for sell and if it can fit ke70 so i would buy it....ke70=ke35 right?any one try this before??? Report
June 20, 200521 yr comment_51570 so ke35 is different...ok.now does the 86 lsd fit nicely to ke70 axle??? come on guy i got thing on the run here... Report
June 20, 200521 yr Author comment_51571 OMG, is it that hard??? An AE86 LSD will fit into a KE70 diff if your KE70's in Malaysia have the same diff as an AE86. In Australia, they aren't the same. And if you can't tell the difference between a KE35 and a KE70... I don't know what to say :) Edited June 20, 200521 yr by demuire Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now