T-series Axles

demuire

This will probably end up in the Wiki somewhere, but for now I'm just going to put it in this thread.

Lots of people talk about T-series diffs, kouki and zenki etc, but few people ever mention the axles. And then there's the people who say that if you have a non-LSD T-series diff and you want to put a TRD LSD center in, then you need to shorten the axles about 5mm...

Well anyways, what I wanted to point out is:

Not all T-series axles are created equal. There are at least (and probably more) 3 different sorts:

TA22: These are fairly short, fairly thin, and use tiny bearings

RA23/38, TA23: These are about the same length as the TA22 (I think slightly longer?), and are a bit thicker, and use a much bigger bearing

RA40/60: These are identical to RA23, except about 20mm longer. Same bearing etc.

I'm not sure about the mounting plate, but visually they look the same. Splines are the same (obviously).

I'll try to get some proper measurements or something... Maybe even some pictures if I get hardworking enough!

Edited by demuire

Members dont see this ad

Yes, spline wise there are 2 different sorts of T-series axles - Zenki and Kouki or something. The later model ones (which never came to Australia) are bigger. Anything you get in Australia would be the earlier style, small one.

• 5 weeks later...
And then there's the people who say that if you have a non-LSD T-series diff and you want to put a TRD LSD center in, then you need to shorten the axles about 5mm
yeah a ae86 lsd rear end will bolt into a ke70 driveshafts

is this true...really..cause i have one 86 lsd for sell and if it can fit ke70 so i would buy it....ke70=ke35 right?any one try this before???

OMG, is it that hard??? An AE86 LSD will fit into a KE70 diff if your KE70's in Malaysia have the same diff as an AE86. In Australia, they aren't the same. And if you can't tell the difference between a KE35 and a KE70... I don't know what to say :)

Edited by demuire