5k Is It Worth It?

Scott_87

Members dont see this ad

From what I gather from your mobile phone typing style, you are asking what is required to replace a 4K with a 5K...... (including gearboxes)

They are a straight swap, all you need is tools and time. A 5 second search would have told you much the same. Only thing is to check that the shifters on the gearboxes are at the same position or you'll need to cut a little into your floorpan to make the shifter fit.

Buy it, put it in, drive. Kgo.

Edited by Toy-Yoda

Sorry yeah its a bad habbit thats hard to kick. What i ment was i have a stock ke70 at the moment.

I was wondering if its worth putting in the 5k with the 5 speed and would i notice much of a difference?

I did search but i suppose its searching for the right things to get the right answers, but thanks for the friendly reminder!

Going from stock 4K to stock 5K is always going to be to your advantage, worth it? yes. More displacement = more potential.

It won't be a race car, but you'll notice extra pull through the gears, even stock. It'll be a straight swap and should only take an afternoon with a mate helping. And you'll really appreciate the extra gear too.

About ringing up and changing numbers?

I don't see why your laughing. I am pretty sure being in the same family of engine and a pretty small increment in engine capacity, they will just change numbers for you over the phone.

Means when you sell it, it will have a better selling market. For how easy it could be, I don't see why you wouldn't :hmm:

Only suggesting it, because of how easy it could be. If it was a completely different engine to the K series family I wouldn't off :rolla:

And I know when you ring up to enquire they generally don't take down any details

Edited by fusion

I was laughing coz i just don't really like calling regency haven't had luck of late with them with another car.

Yeah mate not looking at huge power just something that actually move's a little when i put my foot down so the traffic doesn't hit me. Also wasn't sure how much work went on with the conversion but sounds like direct swap so shouldn't be to hard.........hopefull

I'm going to guess that since the prefix for the engine no. is different it may get picked up at Regency.

Eg. you are going from 4Kxxxx to 5Kxxxx

Then again you may get a dipshit on the phone and they will allow it. Personally I wouldn't take the chance.

What Police Officer is going to be able to tell the difference between a 4K and a 5K? Hell, they were busy looking for a blow off valve on my NA Supra :bash:

I don't know what answer you are expecting. Guys have previously answered that it is a direct bolt in, though you may need to change the bolt on ancillaries (alternator, water pump etc.) to suit.

It will give a useful increase in torque and make the car a bit quicker.