Teddys Magic Aircon Airflow :)

Teddy

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

always fear, i am here !

Now, this is another idea - but i spoze its more practicle in someways.

Listen, You know how u have in new cars front and back speakers?

Well, i was woundering it u could have 4 way wind?!

1. Trace the bacl of the boot (the area in the boot behind the seats) and that small area where the back speakers go - like the shelf bit unda the back windo.

2. Go purchase some serious sound damping material. (not sure where)

3. Cutt it out and put 2 layers in both arears - ive seen the stuff before, its quite light, easy to cutt and not that expensive. (2 arears- behind seet and unda back windo.

4. Go and purchase 2 industral standard garden blowers and place the first 1 up aginst the back sectoin of the boot - bolt it on or what eva. Take the input sectoion and run a cheap'o garden bendie pipe up to the airintake thats already behind the rear passenger side door - black grill.

Take the other end and with the same piping stuff, make a clean cut up beside the speaker somewhere and put the output end of the pipe up there, making so it doesnt look tackey and the rest that goes along with it.

5. Do the same with the other blower, but this time bolt it above the second 1 and use the other vent insted, with the same piping prinipals as used b 4.

6. Wire up using simple pull and push leads / butons - possibly be able to use current controles, but double up.

Issues / Problems :

As Long as the front side vents are open all the time when this is on, then the flow of air will be ok - in though front and back - out through front. If its not done properly, it would be extreamly noisy.

Somehitng good about it :

Surround Blower, only need about 2 M of pipeing, real cheap at that, 2 blowers at...$60/ $70 each and the sound stuff.

(i spoze u could lash out and put 2 little variable contole vents abouve the pipes (out put of rear blowers) so u can controle which way the air goes lol)

P.s - i still like the aircon idea with the aircon in the boot :ninja:

CAN ANY ONE tell me how much a VERY HEAVY DUTY industraial standard truck battery would put me back?

Cheers, hope 2003 is good - whats left of it !

Teddy

ahh crap i thought i was on a lead then lol - i know u can actually get 1's that have electrical cords - come to think of it... We have 1 that runs on a cord!

Then I'm back to step 1.

Heavy duty batery, convertor... !

hmmm...

(i hope every 1 realizes I'm not serious here, but I'm just coming up with what eva comes to mind - ive got a large responce, and each time i write something / read replys, ive usually got a grin on my face lol)

P.s - i still like the idea with the aricon in the boot never the less ! -

i think i kinda sparked it off wile lookin at my comp - this is kinda off the topic, but its related to it - My computer is an Athlon - it runs very hot, so i keep addin fans.

Now I'm up to... 2...3...6...7....9...(oh heres another 1)...10.. 11?

somting like that. - hang on ! - 12. (including front variable speed 1;))

Cyas all around! - and this is a question to Xany - how much power does ure mums car looze when the air cons on and how notusable is it to drive?

Cheers

Teddy

i like that idea.. thanks.

So, i get the air con off another rolla, and then how could i make the engein pull a little harder - extractors? shave head? carbie? Bore it? - I'm not sure whats the cheapest and most effecient way.. any ideas?

yeah it's pretty noticable at even 60ks' however she has been wanting air con for so long she doesnt care......as someone said the other day......u want power u have your finger over the aircon button......anytime u need power u just turn the aircon off for a bit.....:ninja:

my ae82 has ac - and it doesnt kill it too much - just not the most economical beat - drop a tank of fuel from around 550km to 450km

but maybe mine doesnt kill it too much cause i have the 1.6l engine and still only have the 4sp box in it - maybe it would hurt more in 5th.

but i reckon pu a 4AC engine in and fit the factory air it came with.

BTW factory air really isnt fatory air on these - it was all fitted by the dealers as an add on

lol - heres my resolution.

1. Ill wont get rid of my rolla for a looong time, so getting a new car isnt a possibilty - AT ALL!

2. Ill look into seeing how much geting aircon of another rolla would cost -

3. - nar, beer cost too much.