Mark's Ke55 Rolla

project_KE55

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like you started from a reasonable base mate. Colour looks good.

Do you plan on painting the engine bay? That would finish things off nicely body wise.

What other plans do you have for it?

Yea the shell itself wasn't in too bad nick. Yeal i'll paint the engine bay 1 day but just concentrating on getting the car driveable first lol.

Other plans are to buy some sort of rims for it to make it look a bit better. Then rego and drive :dance:

Alright so i went to bursons today after the guy rang me and told me my clutch master cylinder was ready to be collected.

When i got there one of the staff had already sold MY ordered part to some random. :jamie:

So they have re-ordered me one and hopefully i can get it asap!

Car is almost ready for rego check just gotta put the master cylinder in and cut holes for intercooler piping then it'll be on its way :)

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

I've done alot to my car lately but it doesn't seem to show any progress which sucks.

Anyway bursons said that they'll have the new master cylinder on thursday.

If they sell it on me again i might have to go to a different auto parts shop lol.

Put a new cd player in "rolly" yesterday, looks pretty good.

If i get this master cylinder on thursday i should be looking at another 3 weeks max till PIT pass :lol: ;) ;)

Thanks so much everyone for all your help and support :dance:

:D

:party:

You do realise that they won't pass it over the pits with that engine....... with no engineers signoff!!!!!

You could try the TE30 argument, but thats still not going to get around the turbo. :D

Hate to say it but you might have to drop a 4k in for pit inspection and then take it home and re-fit the T series....... not that that's really legal either.

You do realise that they won't pass it over the pits with that engine....... with no engineers signoff!!!!!

You could try the TE30 argument, but thats still not going to get around the turbo. :dance:

Hate to say it but you might have to drop a 4k in for pit inspection and then take it home and re-fit the T series....... not that that's really legal either.

I've spoken to robert, he's the rego check guy at north west truck centre.

He's had a look at it and he said it'll be fine with no brake upgrades & no suspention upgrades. :D

He said the only reason it'll be legal is because its a bolt on turbo, the engine didn't come from factory the way it is.

Somehow it makes a difference? :lol:

don't worry mate i asked him ALOT of questions before i went ahead with the conversion. :party:

By the way, do you know roughly how many KW/HP it had at the wheels when casey had it in the coupe?

Cheers ;)

Probably 13rwkw!!! :party:

Was never tuned, hence never really made boost....... or power.

Do you have that on paper? The whole idea of engineering is basically for the engineer to take responsability and say "yes this car is right to be registered". If you don't have it on paper it doesn't mean shit!! :D

Probably 13rwkw!!! :o

Was never tuned, hence never really made boost....... or power.

Do you have that on paper? The whole idea of engineering is basically for the engineer to take responsability and say "yes this car is right to be registered". If you don't have it on paper it doesn't mean shit!! :P

All he is going to do is check everything as if its a standard engine

ie, engine mounts, crossmember and the usual brakes and suspension.

If it passes the engine number will be stamped on the plate/firewall and rego papers.

I've got it all sorted mate.

I made sure that i knew it wasn't going to be too much mucking around before i swapped everything out. ;)

I finally got my hydraulic master cylinder (Fu*kin BURSONS) :(

I'll chuck that all in tomorrow, bleed it then go for a test run.

Thanks for all the pre-cautions TAZ. For my sake i hope your not right lol. :P

But i'm taking robs word for it cause he is the one PITTING it lol

Cheers :)

Okay so today i finished off my fuel assembly. new fuel return line, malpassi fuel regulator all hooked up properly and new "custom" accelerator cable mount (Home made).

I'll try and get a picture of engine bay up soon up soon.

cheers

;)

Edited by project_KE55