Patch - The Ke36 Camper

Bowler

Cheers for the support. Nope, no troubles getting it to Geelong last night - although I must admit that it is going to take a little while to get use to the recirculating ball steering again. Outside of that, she just purred all the way home. Very, very satisfying van...

edit: the steering is a little...well...loose around centre, so might need to look at pitman arm replacement.

And on the bedding front. I had a thought about having a hinged "extension" behind the seats. So to increase length, put seats forward flip up section, legs fold out, and hey presto - LENGTH!

Edited by Bowler

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not sure - we shall have to have a look, and compare. Either way - I'm trying to figure out fridge placement - but i'll need to have a good look at what I'm working with first - and that wont happen till next week... :y: ...damn exams

Nice find bowler... recirculating ball steering is normally nice on these little cars.... i suspect yours could do with a nice tighten up. It would make a wonder of difference.

Good luck with it all and i'm sure we'll get to see more of this beast.

Cheers Matt. Yes, the steering might need a tighten up - i think its had a little bit of mechanical neglect over the time the last bloke had it - its not that bad, but i'll get it checked all the same. I was actually contemplating a cruise to initiate it into RollaClub, spanning a night somewhere...ie, the Camper Initiation Cruise...

Edited by Bowler

Cheers Matt. Yes, the steering might need a tighten up - i think its had a little bit of mechanical neglect over the time the last bloke had it - its not that bad, but i'll get it checked all the same. I was actually contemplating a cruise to initiate it into RollaClub, spanning a night somewhere...ie, the Camper Initiation Cruise...

Bahahahaha. I have a rollaclub rear window sticker for you as well if you'd like.

Bahahahaha. I have a rollaclub rear window sticker for you as well if you'd like.

Don't you need it for your vehicle? I have a couple of RC's logos to go on the side...but i'll save them for the start of the meet, eh? make it official, haha

Edited by Bowler

Use KE55 coupe front seats in your van for super flippable seats, they comfy as well, had them in mine, and they just felt right in that car.......

Ok, Cheers.

The ones in there at the moment have been taken from some car where the seat is quite easy to flip forward. They also have a bit of support, albeit if I have to sit a little higher. But as I say - I'll have to wait till next week to actually have a decent look/measure to see what I'm working with, then have to tee up a time to compare them against the 55 seat.

Edited by Bowler

Don't you need it for your veh-hic-cackle? I have a couple of RC's logos to go on the side...but i'll save them for the start of the meet, eh? make it official, haha

Nah mate i'll be going for a newer style one when i do. It's your choice of either white or red.

Ok, Cheers. The ones in their atm have been taken from some car where the seat is quite easy to flip forward. They also have a bit of support, albeit if I have to sit a little higher. But as i say - I'll have to wait till next week to actually have a decent look/measure to see what I'm working with, then have to tee up a time to compare them against the 55 seat.

Those seats appear to be re-trimmed Early KE70 seats which do have quite good support compared to the earlier seats.

Good work getting a Panno, there's not many left hey.....

If I was in Melbourne I would be keen for a Pnelvan Initiation Cruise.......

Those seats appear to be re-trimmed Early KE70 seats which do have quite good support compared to the earlier seats.

Good work getting a Panno, there's not many left hey.....

If I was in Melbourne I would be keen for a Pnelvan Initiation Cruise.......

AHHH...right, cheers for that. Did early ke70 seats have inflatable lumbar support too? I'd like to keep them, but if I don't have the movement to flip forward i require, then they might have to be exchanged for some 2 door ones...

But yeh, it was a very lucky find - I'm stoked about it, and I can't wait to get it onto the road, and into camper mode.

Yeh, ideas are still being floated about the cruise, as to destination, how many people might actually turn up, but I'll look into those sorts of things after its on the road...