4k Turbo??

chris777

Gday guys,

I'm a bit of a newbie to the rolla club website but is a very good site. i have a 4k which i have sone a blowthru turbo set-up on it everything runs sweet as but when i go to stop or pull up at the lights i get a bit of smoke come out the exhaust?? I'm using a brand new Garrett T25 so i don't think it has anything ro do with it, under boost or just cruising its fine only when the engine starts to slow down i get a bit??

any information would be good

thanks chris :bash:

Members dont see this ad
Gday guys,

I'm a bit of a newbie to the rolla club website but is a very good site. i have a 4k which i have sone a blowthru turbo set-up on it everything runs sweet as but when i go to stop or pull up at the lights i get a bit of smoke come out the exhaust?? I'm using a brand new Garrett T25 so i don't think it has anything ro do with it, under boost or just cruising its fine only when the engine starts to slow down i get a bit??

thanks chris :bash:

yeah it is white/blue smoke it's starting to look like rings i think.. the fuel side is already been sorted i run a oxygen senser with an air/fuel ratio guage to keep an eye on it.. pain in the ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

engine starts to slow down i get a bit??

Usually valve stem seals cause smoke on deceleration as then the inlet is under vacuum & sucks the oil down.

They pull oil down as you sit idling at the lights, then it burns in a puff of blue smoke as you accelerate away.

Rings will cause smoke any time you accelerate.

I know you say the turbo is brand new,..... BUT take the dump pipe off and check in the rear housing for signs of oil.

My "Never been used since rebuild" T25G smoked its head off the first time I started my car cause its was and still is leaking oil. :bash:

Were did you get the turbo? Egay?

Gday guys,

thanks chris :y:

yeah its a monsta T25/T28 and i guess you always run the risk buying anything, only bought one of these because a mate of mine had already purchased from this company. i have a warrenty so if worse case i can get a new one.. I'm going to a compression test to check rings ect and drop the dump pipe off to have a look.. bloody rolla's :bash:

post-7768-1244341676_thumb.jpg

hey all,

did a comp test this morning all firing at 150psi so rings look ok, pulled the dump pipe off just carbon build up in rear housing and dump pipe.. just valve stem seals maybe??????????????????????????? :y: some other pics i have.. :bash:

post-7768-1244346145_thumb.jpg

post-7768-1244346171_thumb.jpg

yeah the set up has turned out pretty good will be nice when i get to drive it ;) bought some new seals today hopefully get them in tomorrow..

That breather you have blocked off isn't doing you any favours,you need to remove that cap and run a atmo breather from there down the side of the engine or just let it vent to atmosphere from there. Is the oil drain well above the resting oil level????

I would suggest fitting a pipe from the small fitting to the aircleaner side of the engine.

MAtt

That breather you have blocked off isn't doing you any favours,you need to remove that cap and run a atmo breather from there down the side of the engine or just let it vent to atmosphere from there. Is the oil drain well above the resting oil level????

I would suggest fitting a pipe from the small fitting to the aircleaner side of the engine.

MAtt

yeah i removed it tonite and just ran it into atmo and is still smoking, i have probably damaged the stem seals with the rocker pressurising like that, good on me :y: the drain is about 50mm above the entrance height into the motor but i put the oil drain where the original fuel pump came from...............??????