Cruises/social Events For Vic

Tiger

Well, if it's one thing I'm confident with doing, is organising a big turnout for events. Via flyers or online advertisement and word of MAJOR mouth! :moon:

But roughly how many members are they in Victoria?

Would you like to see a social side to this forum? IE: Cruises, bbqs, day or night outs and the like...

If so, I'm more than happy to get things started.

And anybody reading this post, please post up your interest if you wish to see a local cruise or a big BBQ or something along those lines.

• 1 month later...
Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's why I'd wanna look at promo work for the VIC side... I would like to discuss this with Kangaroosa. I'm trying to think of ways we can go abouts drawing in more of a crowd on the VIC side.. Even if we get 10 VIC members... that is plenty. Obviously the more the merrier, but 10 is a "comfy" amount of members to team up for a cruise or something.

But good to see you're willing to show your support, dude :D Stay tuned... we'll come up with something :)

I tried emailing these boys at Toyota Car Club... no reply as yet.. but yeah.. I think I will organise something with Roo Boy very soon with the members we do have in VIC so far...

Thanks for the interest Sloth :P

• 2 months later...

You know what... it's spring.. we are getting some decent weather now, so I think we're due for something too :D

Well, what does everybody feel like.... a cruise? BBQ? Or a Go Kart race?

Any ideas would be taken into consideration on this one, so feel free to suggest :angrybird:

Yes we are getting some good weather now. About Time!!

I was discussing this topic with SlothSNR the other night. Most of the VIC members don't drive Corolla's everyday, so having a cruise might not be that interesting.

However, a BBQ or Go-Karting is higher on my preference list. My work mates and I normally go Go-Karting towards the end of each year (so maybe i'll get a double does of fun). :D

If we choose the BBQ route, then i'm open to sugestions for locations.

Edited by kangaroosa

OK...

Well, I wouldn't mind the go-kart route personally (good frustration venter!!) :D

Now, location would be good to know... I don't mind hiking south east area if I have to.. so does anybody know of any tracks near their place that do group bookings and have go karts that actually move :angrybird: haha

I normally go to a place in Port Melbourne. Its indoors and the Karts are OK.......not super quick, but you can get them sideways easily. But i must warn you that i hold the lap record for the group of us that attend. :D

Its usually about 10mins warm up. 3 x 10mins races and about 5-10 stuff around time at the end. Group Bookings of 10 or more people are about $50 each.

I'm not sure if that is pricey compared to other places?

There is also another indoor place in Moorabbin that is supposed to be good too. They have relatively new karts. I have never actually been there, so i can't speak from experience.

Other than that, i'm not sure. I don't mind taking a trip out your side of the city either, if you find a decent place too.