Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Serious Opinions Please

Featured Replies

Hi all,

 

I cannot believe that I’m actually asking this but if I were to sell my 1974 ke25 rolla what would be a fair and reasonable price to ask for??

The reason for asking this question is that I have heard from a very reliable source at work that some senior management at work will be getting and redundant…

With a wife and 3 kiddies I would have to make some serious sacrifices to keep the family afloat and that may mean selling the ke25 and my Stagea off.

I have had the initial roadworthy check and the list is as follows:

Wipers

Washers

Rust in roof gutter

Battery not secure

Driver seat not secure

Brake pedal rubber

Footwell carpet missing

Windscreen needs repair – pit fill

Idler arm bushes

Right hand inner and outer tierod ends

Pitman arm ball joint

L+R b/joints – lower

Castor bar bushes

Shackle rubbers – swinging

Small about of rust in wheel well

Front sway bar D/bushes

Front Brake hoses

Rear brake hose

Rear gearbox mounts

Front inner guard plastics missing

Strut tower rubber mounts

 

I have already got most of the parts required – all new.

The body is in great condition with only the rust mentioned above and a very small dint on the bonnet and driver side fender.. The car drives magnificently.

 

I really hope I don’t have to sell but I need to keep my options open….. Family comes

Let me know what you think….

 

Thanks

Ian

I don't think anyone could be reasonably expected to value a car without photos. I'm sure some people will give it their best shot but if you want the best idea possible throw some photos up. ;)

  • Author

you make a fair point mate...

 

these are pics from when i first got it..... not much has changed.... the trims have been painted/restored...

 

drivers.jpg

back.jpg

frontqtr.jpg

front.jpg

interior.jpg

it would be more time consuming either way,

 

but parting it out may net you more than if sold complete and unroadwarthy.

 

option 2 would be to sell complete with roadworthy.

 

best of luck. hope it all works out

  • Author

well the plan is to get it roadworthied either way as i want it on the road regardless of what the future may hold....

 

what would be a reasonable price for a R/W'd ke25?

 

thanks

I would say 1500-2500.

 

The car looks to be reasonably straight but the paint isn't great. I would have thought a good cut and polish should bring it up nicely and if you get it roadworthied and clean it all up you should be able to get 2500 I would have thought.

 

I'm not a passionate investor in KE25's though.

I would say 1500-2500.

 

The car looks to be reasonably straight but the paint isn't great. I would have thought a good cut and polish should bring it up nicely and if you get it roadworthied and clean it all up you should be able to get 2500 I would have thought.

 

I'm not a passionate investor in KE25's though.

 

deff worth $1600+ but all depends on the buyer'

Give it a big clean up inside and out, get rid of those hub caps, paint the wheels, give it a cut and polish etc.. and you would be suprised with how much more you could get for it.

I would say 1500-2500.

 

The car looks to be reasonably straight but the paint isn't great. I would have thought a good cut and polish should bring it up nicely and if you get it roadworthied and clean it all up you should be able to get 2500 I would have thought.

 

I'm not a passionate investor in KE25's though.

Agreed

 

These are becoming a decent cheap collectors item and if you were to advertise it now for 2500 by the time you need the money a buyer will come along.

 

I don't think its unreasonable to ask 2500 considering people are asking that for KE70's that are raped.

 

Also its manual rather than auto which in my opinion should keep the cost higher.

 

If you notice in the for sale sections its the young newbie kiddies that want cheap thrash boxes and low ball anyone with a decent ride.

 

Hold out for the money as there are real enthusiests out there that don't know your car exists, cover all your advertising bases.

Agreed

 

These are becoming a decent cheap collectors item and if you were to advertise it now for 2500 by the time you need the money a buyer will come along.

 

I don't think its unreasonable to ask 2500 considering people are asking that for KE70's that are raped.

 

Also its manual rather than auto which in my opinion should keep the cost higher.

 

If you notice in the for sale sections its the young newbie kiddies that want cheap thrash boxes and low ball anyone with a decent ride.

 

Hold out for the money as there are real enthusiests out there that don't know your car exists, cover all your advertising bases.

 

On point, +1 to every point said here.

 

On another note, i wouldn't know anything about valuing a car mate, but fingers crossed you don't need to make such a sacrifice and that your job remains on solid ground. I wish you and your fam all the best of luck for the uncertain future...

 

- Aleks.

worth is always relative.

 

if you're desperate to sell, you never get the right price,

 

if you're desperate to buy, you sometimes pay too much, (but don't risk missing out :y: )

no other corolla shape pre AE86 has as much popularity as the KE25/TE27 shape...

 

If TE27 prices are anything to go buy.... (you can get a nice one landed here between 10 - 15K) then a KE25 can fetch easy 5K in the same condition...

 

but of course it all comes down to condition... looking at yours its on par with mine and I got offered $1500 not running and what not...

 

with a bit of work you could easy get 2 - 3K

 

as stated above these are slowly becoming collectors items...

 

The amount of PMs I recieve asking if I want to sell my KE25 is unbeliveable...

  • Author

Tally....

 

i know what your saying mate... since opening this post i have had so many damm PM's from people wanting to buy it...

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.