Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bmw E30 Shockers In The Rear Of A Ke55?

Featured Replies

I'm sickkkk of my ke55 handeling like a little BOAT! needs to be more like a little go cart. i need some camber and some caster and more leafs in the rear

 

ive read somewere bmw E30 shockers fit in the rear of my ke55? (gas and oil filled, stiff as f@$k)

2 or 3 more leafs in the rear?

lower it by 2 maybe 3 inches all round

no idea how to get more caster,

camber will be done next time wheel aligment

 

anymore suggestons?????

 

cheers

evan

  • Author
Can't adjust camber on a KE55, only castor dude.

 

:y:

thanks for the info raven

Or you can get a degree or two by slotting the holes in your strut towers. :y:

 

The E30 shock probably would fit, I know you can modify older BMW koni's etc to fit old skool mazdas.

I'd say why bother though when any AE86 adjustable shock is a straight bolt in, or the sierra shocks for short stroke.

Why bother when you can get GOOD aftermarket shocks? There are about eleventy trillion suspension/ handling threads in here. Most recent would be this one (It was last answered four hours before you made this thread) : http://www.rollaclub.com/board/?showtopic=30308

 

Searching is your friend.

  • Author
Why bother when you can get GOOD aftermarket shocks? There are about eleventy trillion suspension/ handling threads in here. Most recent would be this one (It was last answered four hours before you made this thread) : http://www.rollaclub.com/board/?showtopic=30308

 

Searching is your friend.

 

yea ive posted on that topic a couple weeks back

 

just wanted to know if any1 fitted bmw e30 shockers in the rear of a ke55

  • Author

how much ish?

Don't know off hand, but then again what I pay for them and what you would pay for them would be two seperate issues. Probably around the $300- $400 for the pair.

 

I stress that these are good shocks, and not your monroe/ gabriel/ kyb level stuff.

i wouldnt put kyb on the same level at monroe, gabriel, pedders ect, i have some and there not faultable, was going to go bilsteins but figure ill just go with whats commenly used for a cheap price, st185 kyb exell g

  • Author
Don't know off hand, but then again what I pay for them and what you would pay for them would be two seperate issues. Probably around the $300- $400 for the pair.

 

I stress that these are good shocks, and not your monroe/ gabriel/ kyb level stuff.

 

I stress that these are expensive shocks :y:

If you do it right the first time you'll probably end up saving money instead of dicking around with other setups and eventually ending at the same conclusion.

I stress that these are expensive shocks :y:

 

No, expensive shocks are Drummond or MCA (proflex). I was quoted $4200 for four MCA Shocks for my 55 hardtop.

 

These are mid range shocks that are good quality. You get what you pay for.

Edited by Redwarf

  • Author
No, expensive shocks are Drummond or MCA (proflex). I was quoted $4200 for four MCA Shocks for my 55 hardtop.

 

These are mid range shocks that are good quality. You get what you pay for.

 

:y: :hmm: :P :P :( :D :o :o

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.