June 15, 200917 yr comment_352395 hi all my tie rod ends r buggered, wheels about to come off. Please point me in the right direction to source these parts? Suspension shops around the places are no help. I need all bushings, are parts interchangeable between models? I have used the search button yes.. But only have mobile net atm. Any help, much appreciated. Edited June 15, 200917 yr by KeRoLLin Report
June 16, 200917 yr comment_352562 I also had trouble sourcing KE10 tie rods, idler and pitman arms. I've managed to source old stock for the tie rods and pitman but not the idler yet. The store i sourced my tie rods still had a pair of course thread tie rods (early KE10) left. I took the last set of fine thread (late KE10). This was at Mekong Spares, Canley Vale NSW about 3 months ago. Failing all this, some proper suspension shops can rekit your old joints, not sure on prices. Part number references Report
June 25, 200917 yr comment_354877 Hi, Tie rod ends etc hard to find. But As for idler arms why replace. The old KE1X idler is kitable. http://www.fulcrumsuspensions.com.au/superpro.html The Link above they sell bushes that will do rear leaf springs and also the kit for the idler arm. can't go wrong as for tie rod ends inners outers. Has anyone tried KE2X inners and outers and centre adjuster tube so the threads match? This could be an option BUT I think the taper on the ends is different and it will flog out your other suspension components then. More reserch required. Cheers Cameron Report
June 25, 200917 yr comment_354897 Don't buy the Superpro front spring eye bushes for the rear suspension - SPF0048K. Their catalog is wrong, I bought a set (in the shed somewhere) and they are too big. They are actually for LATE ke2x which use larger diameter bushes than the early ke2x. I have been using the idler arm bush kit on my car for quite a few years now. It works great to tighten up the idler arm. Oh yea, make sure if you do an engine change taking the motor and box out as one unit, that you unbolt the idler arm from the chassis. If you don't and happen to rest the weight of the motor/box on the center drag link you can f@$k up the ball jointed end of either the idler arm or pitman arm. I learnt the hard way and stuffed an idler arm once. Report
June 25, 200917 yr comment_354906 bought wasp rack ends once, for an rt142 corona, had to chop the ends off the threaded bit as they were that long I could not wind enough adjustment in to get the toe to a normal spot.... fairly normal I'm told though. Robert. Report
June 26, 200917 yr comment_355001 Felix. Can you machine those larger KE2X items down to the right size? Cheers Cameron Report
June 26, 200917 yr comment_355018 Cam you probably could, but it would be pointless. Lovells have a listing for the for the front leaf spring eye bush for the ke1x. Lovells also have a listing for the front ke1x control arm bushes. BUT they say there is 2 bushes to a kit and only 1 kit required per vehicle. You and I both know that we need 4 bushes for our front control arms. I actually sent them an email the other day about it. I'll go check if they sent a respone yet... Nup, no reply yet. Edited June 26, 200917 yr by Felix Report
July 3, 200917 yr comment_356679 Tie rod ends, idler arm and ball joints for Ke10's on yahoo japan. Pricey, but not that much dearer in comparison to new stuff locally... http://page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e92654723 http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b98474776 http://page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g70969369 http://page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e89300481 Report
July 3, 200917 yr comment_356703 Hi, Tie rod ends etc hard to find. But As for idler arms why replace. The old KE1X idler is kitable. http://www.fulcrumsuspensions.com.au/superpro.html Thanks for the tip on this Cam. I popped into Repco during the week and the bloke called and spoke to Fulcrum whilst I was there. Apparently I bought the last KE1x idler bush kit they had. He also said they weren't planning on making anymore as they were a slow mover unsurprisingly. Report
July 10, 200917 yr Author comment_358042 oh i thought this thread was dead... anyhows i finally managed to source a full set of inner and outers tie rods ends. Mine where coarse thread. Plenty of fine thread ones still around if anyone needs them. let me know if anyone needs some. ball joints are readily available on ebay US & Thailand too! if ya know of anymore places to source all the under car bushes post up :wink: Report
July 12, 200917 yr comment_358504 The idler arm bush repair kit is actually a superpro manufactured urethane item, also branded fulcrum suspensions. Part number SPF0686K. Retail is $50.99 They also list SPF0049K Location Description: Leaf Spring Bushing All Important Instructions: Number of Kits Required Per Vehicle: 1 Single Kit Contents: 8 Bushings Suspension Location Applied To: Rear and SPF0048K Location Description: Spring Front Eye Bushing Important Instructions: 49.4mm OD bushing Number of Kits Required Per Vehicle: 1 Single Kit Contents: 4 Bushings Suspension Location Applied To: Rear See above regarding idler bush availability (apparently). Can't say regarding the leaf spring bushings, but do note, this bush is also used in KE2x series, whereas the idler bushing is specific to KE1x. Report
July 12, 200917 yr comment_358510 As I said above: Don't buy the Superpro front spring eye bushes for the rear suspension - SPF0048K. Their catalog is wrong, I bought a set (in the shed somewhere) and they are too big. They are actually for LATE ke2x which use larger diameter bushes than the early ke2x and ke1x. Report
July 21, 200917 yr comment_360270 just a note people need to stop copying things off the internet and taking them for fact. the internet is full of shit most of the time the spring eyes have the following dimensions OD 34mm ID 10mm Depth 32mm Lip 7mm this is as measured off a 1970 ke11. i was generous with the depth and lip (rounding up) so that you can always sand a bit back if its you can take these measurements into supercheap, burson, or who ever and they can place a custom order or even just go and get them machined up at any half decent engineering shop, it aint hard. rear shackle kit is SPF0049K thru fulcrum/super pro, think mackay also use this part# ball joints is bj111 thru 555, bj003 thru powermax and road safe (both no longer available comercially) tierod ends are well covered previously i would only use 555 (pronounced three five) as they seem to all match without any going back and swapping things. however they have stopped producing or out of business for some reason so are only available at surplus auto parts stores. hope this helps and please don't say things that you are not sure of! i've got 200 bucks worth of bushes that are of no use to me. so unless you done it, don't give me your "expert" opintion. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now