43kw Is Not Enough

vagen

I just wouldn't be taking the risk if I was you mate.

Do you mean the cross over pipe was getting hot, or the engine was running hot - ie did the temp guage actually go up?

If it was the latter then I think you just have an undersized radiator, and the intercooler is just a "band-aid" fix for that.

You could always just invest in a blow-through carby and change the setup. Then you can keep the cooler, and add a BOV.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i guess it all depends how you want your car to respond. I only mentioned T2 nissan garret turbo as they run standard on Exa turbos and ET pulsar turbos with 1.5 litre motors. I'm sure a 3K isnt gonna flow much more than the nissan (E15T if thats whats its called) motor if anything. But your right T25 would be the best.

regarding intercooling in a draw through setup the best (and only) option u have really is water injection. Kicks detonation in the ass if setup right you will never have it.

DANGIT I have to rebuild my carby before i can race and I have tons left to do on the car. I have a hole in the floor to weld a plate over, I need to find and install some thin metal where the back seat was, install the new racing seat, make mounts for the tow bar and I need to vacuum the whole car out. to top it all off I have to do this within two weeks or less so I can debut the car.

Edited by vagen

To Do list:

Install modified MR2 seat=DONE

Install race harness=DONE

Install tow bar=DONE

make and install divider panels =Wednesday

repair the hole in the floor=Wednesday

fuel filter= have two new ones

rebuild carburetor=Wednesday

Why is it everything comes down to the last minute?

Edited by vagen

Aim for next race meeting!

Nothing worse than rushing a build and having it all crash apart on the first big day when everyone and their Grandma comes to watch you!

Half the fun is the EPIC FAIL

I'm just hoping I can pull off a lucky streak