1600 Twin Cam

twitchy

Members dont see this ad
spose a bit more detail could of helped....lol.

Was thinking pre computer 1600 twin cam yota mota or was that just the 2 litre?????????????????

So you want a 1.6L DOHC Toyota engine that isn't EFI? That'd be the 2TG then.

The more information you give us, the more we can help you.

2tg would be the one then. My project suzota engine is still undecided as yet, was thinking a 2TG would be nice. Project has to be auto as the missus can't drive stick.

Cams will be going for a visit to Tighe for bottom end/ mid range improvements, will have quad carbies from a GSXR600.

The other option is the Vitara engine I have here at the moment.

2tg would be the one then. My project suzota engine is still undecided as yet, was thinking a 2TG would be nice. Project has to be auto as the missus can't drive stick.

Cams will be going for a visit to Tighe for bottom end/ mid range improvements, will have quad carbies from a GSXR600.

The other option is the Vitara engine I have here at the moment.

Why go to all that effort if it's just going to be auto? Easier to teach the missus how to drive manual :P (I did)

And putting bike carbies on and going through the hassle of tuning them isn't likely to give you best results considering the 2TG already has twin sidedraughts Mikunis on it

Tried to teah her to drive stick but ....... we'll just leave it at that....lmao.

Didn't relise it had decent carbs to start with, although it depends on how they go on weird angles as this engine will be destined for my 4X4 project.

• 3 weeks later...

I think you would be much better off putting a vitara motor in ( I'm assuming you have a sierra or an old LJ??? ).

Been done before by lots of people ( me included ) and it works.

Given vitara auto's are reasonably common you could just buy a wreck and go through the transplant process.

Trying to match up a toyota twin cam to a ??? brand box, getting stall settings correct, dealing with carbie issues , mounts, clearance priblems etc etc etc YUKKKK

Another option I saw once was a fuel injected 16 valve swift GTi motor ( or head, I'm not too sure ) modded to go in a sierra, it was peaky but hell it sounded good and was very reliable.

My 2.5 cents worth 2tg are old as me ,or older ,over priced , maybe not over rated but if you find one they will want to much for it.

When theres the better ,lighter , more common 4age { more common is that a word } 2tg are for the die hard rally guys.

Because stupid cams would let us run 4ages.

As for auto don't no. :hmm: