32/32 Webber Carby Going Onto 4k Engine

Rolla_Baby

hey all I'm jess

I'm getting a 32/32 webber carby to put on my 4k engine, its stock but getting a rebuild so the head, ect is getting worked on, I'm putting extractors and 2 1/4" exhaust on.

Anyway just wanting to know if i got new jets put in the 32/32 to down jet it would it make it more suitable to put on my 4k???

But i still want it to have some decent power to it.....

:P

cheers, hope somebody can help me.

Members dont see this ad

I and many others will point you in the direction of the faq and the search button...

But because I am a nice bloke. The 32/32 in my opinion is perfect. Had one on my 5k and it delivered more power and better fuel economy than the standard aisin. See what the jets are in it cause more than likely they will be okay. Very good idea to get it checked over for condition though if you can't do it yourself. A carby will always run crap if its worn.

I and many others will point you in the direction of the faq and the search button...

But because I am a nice bloke. The 32/32 in my opinion is perfect. Had one on my 5k and it delivered more power and better fuel economy than the standard aisin. See what the jets are in it cause more than likely they will be okay. Very good idea to get it checked over for condition though if you can't do it yourself. A carby will always run crap if its worn.

hey thanks for that, all i needed was somebody else's opinion on it, I'm onli a 17 yr old chick, so I'm not that great with cars but am still learning.

yeh i am pending payments, and getting it posted still, and will deff get it checked out.

cheers bud.

• 2 weeks later...
would be careful with exhaust and how big u go with head work n carby 2 n a quater b good but IMO wouldnt go that size if keeping stock motor lose down low power but difinately b great a high revs

:) 1 7/8" - 2" MAX.

2.5" will give you a reduction in power and the sound of an excel. :hmm:

if it is one that opens at the same time i would match all the jets. but in my car with the 32/32 i had standard idle jet that come with them. F6 emultion tubes. twin one 160 air correctors and 135 primary and 132 secondry jet. after alot of jetting i got this combination and worked well for street use and some power to boot. with the bigger first main jet is good and then when the second one opens up its just enough to give it that quick boot.

soz bout some of the spelling

Edited by rolla_boy70

ok plans, I'm getting a hole engine rebuild of the stock motor, i can't have any conversions because of the new laws, sucks magerly.

slapping on a pair of 4-2-1 extractors and a 2 1/4" exhaust.

32/32 is at the mechanics getting a whole rebuild, jets getting replaced (down jetted), new air filter, ect.

2" or 2 1/4"???

I'm not shure if its going to have power when it takes off, or when it gets high in revs, at the moment its dying, but when she gets high in revs and the cams open up, it likes to go thats for shure.

cheers everybody for the advise.

Edited by Rolla_Baby

So should it still have a bit of go in her????

As long as you don't put a 2 1/4" exhaust on it!!! Seriously! :D

Exhaust's aren't just a matter of 'biggest is best', espeacially with a naturally aspirated engine. An adequate sized exhaust will provide the required back-pressure that the engine needs to run properly.

Like I said about, get a 1 7/8" or 2" MAX. This will actually inprove performance not hamper it. You're talking about a ~40rwkw setup here, I have a 100+rwkw TURBO'd 5k and I only have a 2.5" system which is fine, but being turbo its s little different.

..... and a 2 1/4" exhaust.

:D Way, way to big for a 1.3L motor. You will lose a lot of performance.

Have a read HERE, on exhaust sizing on Suzuki Swift 1.3L DOHC GTI motors. They make a lot more power than what you will ever get from a 4k.

1 7/8" is ideal on a worked 4k with cam, compression, headwork, etc.

Edited by Felix