308 In Corolla

308_rolla

I'm vary interested in how oke020 managed to fit his 253 into his KE20 with out any mods, we are in the stages of doing this same coversion, unless u remove the sump or cross member, wich we know just wouldnt work haha, the only way around it is to mod fire wall,

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Madtoy: what car have you got a 308 in? KE30 or KE70? what did you have to do to get it in there? just engine mounts, gearbox mounts and custom tailshaft? firewall mods at all? i read in another thread you said it could be done for around a grand.

Cheers, calvin :faq:

calvin.......ive got 308 into ke30,just modify front x-member,no firewall mods needed...I'm thinking of making a kit to sell........and yes $1000 will get u going...the power skids are amazing.....just an update,ive recently run 12.79secs with 185/60/14s,huge amounts of wheelspin...I'm currently fitting 15x7 weld racing wheels with 235/60/15 ET radials....all under standard wheel tubs!!! ive also discovered a very cheap way to make cal-tracs(like tramp rods) which bolt straight to underside of leaf springs,and mount to front of hanger using a fabricated bracket!!!! These arms prevent diff twisting and stop axle tramp,using pintarra parts...thats all I'm saying for now! but i think alot of rear wheel drive yota boys will be happy with my solution...keep you all posted.............madtoy

sounds wicked mad toy. how far forward does the 308 sit madtoy?

also those times, is the engine stock???

powerskids sound fun :ninja:

........it sits half inch off firewall and i run twin thermos...no room for a flex fan....radiator mounts under front rad support...everything sits behind grill and bumper for a factory look...my engine runs solid cam,vn style efi heads and 750 carby....

• 7 months later...
hey guys i was just asking on anyones opinion on putting a 308 black motor in a corrola Ke70.me and my dad are making it up to be a race car were half way thourgh the process,with rollbars installed, celica front and rear end, plus 308 is half installed. just askin for somones opinion thank

too easy, here's mine!

post-2838-1169189404_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

hahahahahahaha

hay darren, i own that RB30 turbs rolla now. its a fukin animal, but has had abit of money spent on it b4 i bought it.

got front mount now, commo diff, 4.11gears, mini spool, disk brakes all round.

I'm just 2 lazy 2 make it even betta. it can sit in the shed till i get motivated.

cheers scott

eyy just to reasure all u guyss this car is still goin and pretty much completed but the reason i haventd posted on here is because there is alot of people that like to hang shit around here but this car has been running and for a fact it handels better den most go karts it just doesnt leave the track but after a few problems like the radiator being half blocked and causing over heating we have had a break off the car for the past few months so yeh but i couldnt belive how good it went for the first driveee