Ke70 Projekt

one mod you can do to a k4-c engine (was gonna do myself but am getting a 4a-c)

is if you look at the side of the head there is a notch in the head. you can grind the head down to this point and it will increase the compression

i know a place over here that does it for about $175.

also norton motorbike pistons fit the 4k-c .

i have heard that doing these two mods to the engine .. esp if you get the dome pistons you can get the engine to redline at about 10k rpm. mate at work builds engine and used to race a corolla with this modification done to it

Members dont see this ad

It's already been mentioned before - but here goes again.

"When using the Search feature, make sure that you set the "search posts from" to "any date". This will give you a whole list of possible topics for you to read.

All of your questions asked within this thread, have already been answered many times over in other discussions.

holy crap, that's the mark which signifies "this head has been ground so many times you can't grind it anymore". you'd end up running 11 or 12:1 compression, then use dome pistons to raise the compression even more? you'd need to run a 310+ degree cam and the thing would hit 10 grand, but would be a total pig to drive below 6000rpm

MY head's been ground to that point...the rockers had to be shimmed 'cause the pushrods wont fit under the rockerarms

i will be changing this head soon

XANY; could you tell me the lengths of the respective pushrods (datsun a12 to 4k) maybe i could just do that for now

holy crap, that's the mark which signifies "this head has been ground so many times you can't grind it anymore". you'd end up running 11 or 12:1 compression, then use dome pistons to raise the compression even more? you'd need to run a 310+ degree cam and the thing would hit 10 grand, but would be a total pig to drive below 6000rpm

I don't think it's quite that much. The most I know of a K-head which has .125" off it. THAT was a serious grind. the screw driver mark is around .100" if memory serves. My old head had a new mark milled in because the old one had dissapeared. :angrybird:

my last head was ground down to that point; i had to run 91 octane, retard the timing 12*, it used oil, smoked, ran like shit and STILL pinged.

i found a virgin head and am much happier.

oh ya, that was my original '69 3k head, it cost me $200 to have it rebuilt and i only used it for a week

anyone want it?