Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What Now With Ke70?

Featured Replies

hey guys,

i got a ke70, all stock.

i was going to do the whole 4sge/whatever convention but might keep this one as is and just make it a reliable and comfy daily and get a flat nose latter on...

 

at the moment I'm finishing off the body work and about to do some interior work but reall should get some mechanical stuff done

 

was going to keep the 4k in it

 

so where should i start? its currently my daily so anything i do to it needs to be able to be finished in a weekend.

 

after a bit of research i was thinking the suspension first then start on the engine (the 3 c's)

 

any suggestions? what some good parts to get (please do NOT say chopped springs...)?

 

as I'm doing bit by bit the budget is fairly healthy and would prefer new parts but good second hand stuff if fine

I reckon you've got the right mind set starting on the suspension first. Whats your aim for the car? Just a daily, or go for a little track later on? You could start with KYB or Monroe shock absorbers for sporty / street or go to something like TRD / Bilstein for something a bit more track. Springs you could go for Lovells / King Springs, bit more cheaper or look at sponsors on AE86 driving club who do aftermarket springs that go better. Do you want to do brake upgrades, or keep the standard setup?

 

Alot of stuff you easily do on the weekend time with suspension aslong as you have some basic knowledge. It all just depends on how far you want to take it. You could go for a simple setup to start of with than progress, or go for a street / track setup right from the start. I would say shock absorbers / springs would be your best starting point though. Could be wrong though :)

 

Cheers Fusion

  • Author

haha yeah it will be a daily but I'm young and male so it will get a work out every so often.

 

i wasn't sure about the breaks, the stock one (at least on mine) are as hard as a rock, but almost to an annoying point... i regularly lock it at a stop sign at 5:15am every morning when its been raining (well not any more, i learnt after the 4th time, but you get the idea).... having said that it needs new tyres too

  • Author

on a related note, would this ae86 console fit my ke70? I'm redoing the interior and this this would go well (interior will be black so it will save some hassle)

What Now With Ke70?, what is a good place to go from here?

To the dump. LMAO!

 

Sorry. Couldn't help myself.

 

On a serious note, get rid of the 4k. 5k, 7k or 4age are your best bet I'm told.

Don't forget the Corona lower control arms. The Mitsis are too extreme for a daily I reckon, the Cops can see them, but the 'Rona arms get rid of the positive camber at the front and no-one notices.

 

Heavier sway bars?? I haven't touched the KE's, but I fitted a stiffer one to the rear of the Altezza and it made a lovely difference. Same with cross-strut bars, the one on the Altezza is nice, although not as much a change as the rear sway, but I haven't tried one on the KE yet.

 

A lot of reading on suspension before you decide how low to go and expecially before you go for a wheel alignment would be helpful. Find out what the changes are going to do to the panhard rod action and what camber & castor you would like.

  • Author
On a serious note, get rid of the 4k. 5k, 7k or 4age are your best bet I'm told.

 

yeah don't want anything as in-depth as a 4age change over, i might look at putting in another k engine if they can "bolt straight in" and then i can do the transmission a week or two after... more research time

 

Heavier sway bars?? I haven't touched the KE's, but I fitted a stiffer one to the rear of the Altezza and it made a lovely difference. Same with cross-strut bars, the one on the Altezza is nice, although not as much a change as the rear sway, but I haven't tried one on the KE yet.

 

yeah i was thinking of doing all that but don't know that much about it all at the moment, I'm taking the old girl into a mechanic to give it a look over of what he thinks needs doing and then ill start working through it

If you're looking for some bumped performance, have a look at setting up a 3K head... Can take all the time in the world with match porting extractors and side draught setups, then when you got it all sitting nice and the way you want it, swapping the whole lot over shouldn't take more than a weekend.

 

The 3K head will bolt straight up and give a nice boost in compression, so that with the afore mentioned extractors and carb setup, plus a nice suitable cam to suit, will make for a good little runner.

 

Suspension and brakes is always a good thing to set up right before looking for extra power though... Sway bars matched with lower stiffer springs and correct dampers. also some GOOD tires will make a surprising difference...

i might look at putting in another k engine if they can "bolt straight in"

Yeah well I know with the KE55's the 5k will bolt straight in and the 7k needs sump modification (with the trusty hammer), but I'm not entirely sure about the KE70's. Might need someone in the know to confirm this.

wheel and tyre combo would be your best bet

  • Author

ok cool, thanks every one, looks like i got a bit of reading up on a few things...

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.