Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

so, it's been a few months since the last update. not much has happened with the whale, but alot has happened around it.

new wheels finally arrived after christmas, more accurately, they arrived at my door 10 days before Picnic at Hanging Rock.

so with a bit of hassle, ringing around, and a mate doing the leg work, i managed to get them fitted with some very slightly stretched rubber and put on the car the day before P@HR.

i managed to forget my elderly tags, even when my new ones arrived on the wednesday. too busy focused on the wheels me thinks :(

since HR, it's been sitting quietly in the carport until this saturday, when it was fitted full of boxes and blankets and a free-roaming cat (that decided the best place for it to sit and whinge was at the front of the drivers seat underneath my legs) while we moved from the country to the big smoke. Bacchus Marsh to Pascoe Vale

the move went well and the whale now has a single garage all to herself. the place we're in now has a one car garage either side of the residence. now, the other one was sposed to house the partners '04 IS300, but instead, i've bought an RT40......wasn't planned, just saw it on a backroad while looking for a restaurant on saturday night, called the seller on sunday arvo, handed some folding over an hr later, and Harriet will be driven home later today.

immediate plans are a service, clean and thorough check inside and out for any possible spots of annoyance in the coming years. initial inspection revealed nothing major, speedo bounces around and the headlights/indicators stopped working during the test run, slight external rust along bottom of bootlid and both front guards but hasn't broken through. no rust around the boot edges (which i'm surprised at, given the car came from tassie originally....) so i'm just crossing my fingers for the time being.

link to RT40 thread HERE.

Edited by dfunkt

• 6 months later...