Rt40 - How Bad Can It Be......

dfunkt

so, i moved house the weekend just gone, 15-16 May. neither of us had any energy to attempt making our own dinner after spending all day loading and unloading crates, so we piled into the IS300 and took off in search of sustenance. being a completely new area for us, i decided to do some back-road touring to help familiarise myself with the area. i knew the major roads and roughly where i needed to be, so i turned one street early here, a couple late there, follow these tram tracks for a bit...drove past a KE26 4dr and a KE55 4dr directly opposite each other down a side street (the 26 was in worse condition to the one we had and the 55 was a spitting image for my partners coupe, except for the 4 doors obviously), and then a matte black toyota coaster bus, with "Betty" painted on in vintage fighter style, and an RT40 with a cardboard forsale sign with $300 and a phone number on it. we kept going and arrived at dinner, had a lovely couple of chicken meals at Curry Madras in Northcote, and figured i'd head back to the RT40 and take the number down and see if it was still available tomorrow.

sunday comes and we spend the morning at CC&D talking smack and drinking, trying to kickstart the body to function as we've gotta head back to the old place and do some more carting and cleaning. eating rubbish food for two days doesn't help keep a sharp mind, so come nightfall i still haven't called about the RT40. i get out there, chat for a bit, get the history on it, go for a drive, check out the interior, no major rust i can find, tell him once i sort out storage i'll come back and grab it. got back home, told the wife about it, saying it's worth buying for $300 but i can't store it anywhere at the moment. she then says (bless her heart) that i can clean the small garage and park it there, leaving the IS300 out in the weather. so i move stuff around to fit the RT40 and drive back out to sign papers and hand over some folding.

come monday night, i ride from work on my bike to where the car is waiting for me to take it home, put the unreg permit on the dash, fire it up via the push button start, and proceed home with no lights along one of the busiest multilane roads and about 20 sets of traffic lights between myself and home. ended up back home safely with only a couple of issues showing themselves....front brakes need looking at, needs a new speedo cable/possibly a new cluster, wiring needs attention, needs more mexican rugs, definately needs a proper scrub and vacuum.

so that's about where i'm at...after downsizing living quarters and gaining two single garages, i acquire a new machine within 48hrs of signing paperwork and have the best wife in the world!

Members dont see this ad

That's a special lady you have your self there my friend... I have loved the old shovel nose ever since there was a dark green one in fast fours with cream leather and 4age motivation...look forward to developments!

Edited by silverra23

so that's about where i'm at...after downsizing living quarters and gaining two single garages, i acquire a new machine within 48hrs of signing paperwork and have the best wife in the world!

You're a shocker... :lolcry:

Damn straight you do!! :yes: Any woman who makes her 2004 Lexus live outside for the welfare of an elderly Corona...if you hadnt already married her I'd be making you! :P

I might have to swing by this weekend perhaps? :hmm: If you need me to bring anything, just let me know! :y:

Awesome buy! Hendo tried to make me buy it first but thankfully i'll leave the resurrection to you ;)

what resurrection??? once you make it safe to drive on the road, it'll be getting historic plates and she'll be enjoyed by one and all. certainly won't be a couple of thousand $$$ and a few months rebuild.....unless you're donating your time for free of course and we slot a 3rz in :)

tldr.

no pics? wtf?

not an actual pic, but pretty much what it's like.

TE7264EWP7CV38Q_medium.jpg

Nice find Tate. How's pasco vales treating you re?

Stu.

PacoVale is good, nice relaxing ride to and from the city, bottl'o on the corner and a coles too. 500m from train station, and the PacoVale Hotel across from it :D two single car garages and an indoor/outdoor area for the cats to shit in!

i'll ride the pushie out your way sometime after settling in....we'll say after the datto is finished so i can go for a blat in it :D