Door Card Removal - Any Tricks?

Chobis

Over the years I have removed many door cards from many different cars with varying success.

Is there a fail-safe way of doing this without causing any damage or pulling the plastic lugs through the cardboard?

I recently learnt the trick of using a piece of material to remove the clip holding window winders on. Is there a similar trick to removing door cards?

Members dont see this ad

A trick that a bloke at the local wreckers taught me was to get a flathead screwdriver and try and get it next to the clip then twist/lever it off.

This puts the pressure on the plastic clip, rather than the door trim. You'll need to get "in there" to see if you're getting the screwdriver next to

the clip, though.

easiest way to remove window winder clips is get a rag and run it behind the winder and it pulls the clip out

If you actually read the first post, he is already doing that. An easy way of removing the plastic door card clips without damaging the door card is what he was asking about.

There is an actual window winder removal tool???? Oh ffs!!!

I assume this is available at motor parts outlets.... motormate etc?

Yea check out your local parts places or panel beating suppliers.

DT-CT-.jpg

You can also get dedicated door trim tools.

DT-T.jpg

Edited by Felix