October 18, 200916 yr comment_383283 yeah fair enough, I am pretty ignorant you see as I have only ever driven one 3sge (gen 1) and yesterday a 5sge, the 5s had more power everywhere but maybe the 3s was half dead? I think Gen1s are like bigport 4AGEs - a good one is great, but a lot are getting tired and showing their age. Report
October 20, 200916 yr Author comment_383926 Wow!! cheers for the advice guys wasnt expecting so many replys. And yeah i had a look into it and would require wayyy too much work have to change sump make own crossmembers find a g box!!, the list goes on haha. Think i may just sell the engine off and source a 4age or 5k, what u guys think and would anyone have any idea what the 5sfe engines are worth? MUCH APRECIATED :) Edited October 20, 200916 yr by rolla rookie =D Report
October 20, 200916 yr comment_383928 yes well said Hiro. I would think a 5S engine could be had pretty cheap like a few hundred. They are easy to find from a self serve wrecker but its not a small job pulling one out Report
October 20, 200916 yr Author comment_383937 Alright no problemm, might just unbolt complete front end and just get a scrappy to lift the body away. Its handy when ur uncle owns a car removal\bins buisness, also means i get freebie toyota parts hahaha. :) Edited October 20, 200916 yr by rolla rookie =D Report
October 20, 200916 yr comment_383939 its a fairly serious conversion, I wouldn't suggest it Edited October 20, 200916 yr by Sam_Q Report
October 20, 200916 yr Author comment_383941 Yeah I'm gonna take your advice hey and not bother with it. Ill just see if anyone else wants to take the engine off my hands. CHEERS for the posts Edited October 20, 200916 yr by rolla rookie =D Report
October 20, 200916 yr comment_383942 sure thing, heeaps of good info on more conventional conversions on here Report
October 20, 200916 yr Author comment_383944 SCHWEETTTTT!! ill have to take a look at that :) haha Report
October 22, 200916 yr comment_384275 S motors into KE's can be done, but you really want to have it all planned out, and be able to fabricate most of the parts yourself. I'm part way through a 3S into KE swap atm. I've been reading information and harassing everyone I can find who's done the swap in the past over about 7 years before attempting the swap, and very little of the information out there has been useful... in fact most of its contradictory and made more doubts... BTW going rate of a runner 5S in QLD is $500 - $1000 so get that sucker on ebay, someone will definitely want it. Report
October 22, 200916 yr comment_384292 I'm going to be doing a 5SFE with a 3SGE head into RWD at some point, and will be getting lots of the parts fabbed up as necessary, so when the time comes, i'll make sure to post a bucket load of info in a tech build thread... Also got a mate thinking about doing a 1MZ into an AE86, so I'll hassle him out for as much info as possible. Report
November 10, 200916 yr Author comment_390197 I'm going to be doing a 5SFE with a 3SGE head into RWD at some point, and will be getting lots of the parts fabbed up as necessary, so when the time comes, i'll make sure to post a bucket load of info in a tech build thread... Also got a mate thinking about doing a 1MZ into an AE86, so I'll hassle him out for as much info as possible. Thanks for that mate. any progress with this conversion? because ive actually got my engine out atm, so if its no too complicated why nt go thru with the conversion. the motors just been sitting here for weeks doing nothing lol Report
November 11, 200916 yr comment_390432 Hey there. after a few long and enjoyable "brainstorming" sessions, I'm going straight onto the 1MZ conversion. We'll be doing it into an AE86 first up, but I'll be copying it into a T18 also. Most difficult is the bellhousing, which we will be custom fabricating. most everything else is the same as any FWD to RWD conversion such as coolant lines and the like. For the Sprinter conversion I believe we'll be doing EFI, but on my T18 i'll be attempting triple IDA's... that should be fun and noisy. (And yes, they most certainly will be a big ass hole cut in the bonnet to fit them. It's kinda a track only car anyways.) The EFI should theoretically be completely under bonnet though. I've got the engine sitting here already and prelimenary measurements are VERY promising. Will be pulling a FWD box from which to fabricate our custom bellhousing from over the weekend (I hope) so I'll put up a build thread as soon as we get underway... Report
November 13, 200916 yr Author comment_391042 cheers for that man very apreciated :) good luck with the conversion it sounds like u kno what you are doing hahah Report
November 13, 200916 yr comment_391060 Hey there. after a few long and enjoyable "brainstorming" sessions, I'm going straight onto the 1MZ conversion. We'll be doing it into an AE86 first up, but I'll be copying it into a T18 also. Most difficult is the bellhousing, which we will be custom fabricating. most everything else is the same as any FWD to RWD conversion such as coolant lines and the like. For the Sprinter conversion I believe we'll be doing EFI, but on my T18 i'll be attempting triple IDA's... that should be fun and noisy. (And yes, they most certainly will be a big ass hole cut in the bonnet to fit them. It's kinda a track only car anyways.) The EFI should theoretically be completely under bonnet though. I've got the engine sitting here already and prelimenary measurements are VERY promising. Will be pulling a FWD box from which to fabricate our custom bellhousing from over the weekend (I hope) so I'll put up a build thread as soon as we get underway... Go ITB's! No less complicated than the rest of the stuff you appear to be attempting in that sig list of yours :) Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now