Phils Ke30 3sge Beams

philthy30

thanks for all the comments. yea i like to be a bit different but its proving to be a costly exercise. Have been pretty slack at getting on here but i got myself a gearbox from down in dunedin last friday W57 finally. Bolted it up to the motor along with my brandnew solid flywheel and found that the existing clutch plate even fitted the gearbox input shaft. Score.

To be quite honest its like this motor is made for the 30 the only modifying to be dones is the mounts on the crossmember I'm even using the original mounts on the motor. The gearbox lines up with the existing hole in the floor which i was stoked about.

Just waiting on my bellhousing to be modified as the starter is on the wrong side and have to make up some plate for the mounts and with the engine sitting in place weld them to the crossmember.

Got my 4k on trademe http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=243213971 just trying to sell that off so i can afford to go buy myself that mighty expensive link. Also trying to sort out a lsd diff head for my hilux housing and the brakes to go on it.

Big project but it should be good fun. I'm aiming for about 250hp at the wheels but it will propably be more like 200.

Sorry i don't have any fresh pics at the moment but i will try and get it out this weekend and take some but it will more likely be next weekend before i get the bellhousing back.

Phil.

post-4479-1253692827_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't even think about mods to the engine until its up and running reliably philthy- those motors push 1350Kg along very nicely as stock and you won't have a ton there I'm sure.

Take a look over altezzaclub.org.nz for ideas about the motor- you might find a couple of our guys down Dunedin way.

yea its going in pretty standard at the mo apart from the link and the qaud throttle bodies and exhaust i just can't wait to get it goin now it should be up and running by the end of the year if not before.

Yea cheers il get over there and have a look.

Edited by philthy30

• 2 weeks later...

I got my bellhousing back from the engineers so spent most of the day on the 30 setting up the engine mounts properly, took alot of mucking around to get the angles and spacing right. Tomorrow i will make a gearbox crossmember and tidy up the engine bay ready for a coat of green.

post-4479-1254565717_thumb.jpg

post-4479-1254565803_thumb.jpg

post-4479-1254565907.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well its been a while but a fair bit of progress has been made.

I have had my bellhousing machined down about 5.5mm to get the input shaft to sit right in the spigot bearing properly, have made up my hydraulic clutch setup, had the engine bay painted the same as the outside colour and removed some unnecessary brackets and welded up some unused holes. Brought my link $$$ and have fitted a new clutch and flywheel and dropped the motor in for good. Hopefully.

Next step is to wire up engine bay,dash and headlights etc., make ITB adapter, build exhaust, and sort out diff, driveshaft and brakes and front suspension setup.

Heres some pics, Enjoy.

post-4479-1259654640_thumb.jpg

post-4479-1259654792_thumb.jpg

post-4479-1259654968_thumb.jpg

post-4479-1259655123_thumb.jpg

post-4479-1259655249_thumb.jpg

post-4479-1259656223_thumb.jpg

Edited by philthy30

nice build, I'm doing a beams swap into my te72 with a link g4 storm ecu but I'm having a problem finding a base map to start the engine. if you come across one can you please let me know

Hey mate yea i am having the same trouble but apparently if you ring up link in nz they will supply you with some base settings and you can go from there and get the engine runnng. or thats how i understand it anyway.

great work mate, good to see this thing coming along :P

cheers mate,

project has halted a wee bit this week as I'm in sydney spending all my hard earned money at the v8s haha but as soon as i get back ill get into the wiring of the motor. will update as soon as I'm home.

• 1 month later...

time for another update,

Got all the engine wired up and tidied up the mess behind the dash, Had to get my clutch slave cylinder sleeved down to 5/8 from 15/16 to give it a bit more throw on the clutch fork. My axles are at my engineers getting redrilled to 4 stud and should have a hilux lsd head here in a couple days. Have ordered the ae86 big brake setup from techno toy tuning and the kit should be arriving in a week or so (pic below). So just need to sort out my cooling system, get my drop tank made and fitted, sort fuel pump make up the front adjustable struts and its not too far off from running.

Will try and keep updating.

Phil

post-4479-1264409512.jpg

Lovin' it!!

Can't wait for the photo's when it's done. Looks fat with the hotwires. :D

Yea its a bit of a shame I'm not going to be able to keep them with the brake setup. Just ordered myself a set of 15x7 Konig

rewinds shouldnt look to bad but a hell of alot better tyre selection. The eagers are probably one of the shittest tyres ive driven on haha

Yea its a bit of a shame I'm not going to be able to keep them with the brake setup. Just ordered myself a set of 15x7 Konig

rewinds shouldnt look to bad but a hell of alot better tyre selection. The eagers are probably one of the shittest tyres ive driven on haha

You should be able to fit 14" hotwires? Or will you be needing bigger?