4age Ke70 Big Wtf

kiahn

hey all I'm not brilliant at mechanical fault finding so here is the problem

4age from an ae86 (RWD manifold) just dropped into a ke70 and it is doing something wierd, if we unplug the injectors the engine doesnt change revs much (maybe 50rpm max)

the idle is alright and at correct rpm, the TPS is set correct and there is plenty of fuel as you can smell its over fueling and see it on plugs too

when you goto rev it the timing changes so much that it doesnt want to climb revs fast, gets up to temp like normal and stays there

we suspect the oxy sensor is to blame but we don't to what degree it effects the performance (obviously mixture is effected but to what extent)

please help as I'm starting to get frustrated and run out of ideas

cheers

Members dont see this ad
hey all I'm not brilliant at mechanical fault finding so here is the problem

4age from an ae86 (RWD manifold) just dropped into a ke70 and it is doing something wierd, if we unplug the injectors the engine doesnt change revs much (maybe 50rpm max)

the idle is alright and at correct rpm, the TPS is set correct and there is plenty of fuel as you can smell its over fueling and see it on plugs too

when you goto rev it the timing changes so much that it doesnt want to climb revs fast, gets up to temp like normal and stays there

we suspect the oxy sensor is to blame but we don't to what degree it effects the performance (obviously mixture is effected but to what extent)

please help as I'm starting to get frustrated and run out of ideas

cheers

yea i reckon o2 sensor, there surpose to be some vacuum/mechanical advanced when accelatrating,

a bloke at tafe got a 400kw r33 godzilla and it and it advances 45 degrees at idle

oxy sensor is only at cruise though, it leans it out for fuel economy, i have a map sensor and electronic ignition both are working, it advances good when it revs

you ecu is probally getting a impluasbly signal from the o2 and running in safe mode,

done cu diagnostic test now and it says the Throttle position sensor and the air intake temp sensor are to blame

does this sound right?

if you got faults for them replace em both and erase the ecu of any faults codes after replacing the parts :lol:

so you unplug the injectors? and the car still runs? wtf

I think he means individually.

Its not abnormal for a car to continue running normally with an injector unplugged. The cylinder thats missing the injector just gathers fuel from the other manifold runners and still fires fine, especially if its a batch fire ECU.

alright update:

wiring fixed

idle perfect and revs fine

timing is good

but when you go to rev it it dies first then builds up as if there is a delay in the map sensor or something.

the vaccum hose to the map sensor is about triple the normal length, would this cause it?