22re Into Ke70

Go Fish

this is why 22R 2,2l is an r series motor carby 1 cam 8 valve dinosour that will have more oil on the outside than in, 3RZ is 2.7l is an r series, fuel injected 2 cams 16 valve, one is last generation motor one is this generation, same mounts, gearbox, diff, and take up the same of space, both legal, now what would make you think of doing a 22r,

22RE is a 2.4L EFI singlecam R-series engine, 3RZ-FE is a 2.7L EFI slave-cam RZ-series engine (not related to the R series, although it is effectively the replacement).

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

""The 3RZ-FE is a 2.7 L (2693 cc) I4 version built in Japan. Bore is 95 mm and stroke is 95 mm. Output is 150 hp (112 kW) at 4800 RPM with 177 ft·lbf (240 N·m) of torque at 4000 RPM.""

Truck engine... Y'all building a truck boy?? The thought of the vibration from a 2.7L 4cyl should make your sister go weak at the knees...

Surely you can find some 1600cc motor that makes 140bhp and weighs a lot less.

""The 3RZ-FE is a 2.7 L (2693 cc) I4 version built in Japan. Bore is 95 mm and stroke is 95 mm. Output is 150 hp (112 kW) at 4800 RPM with 177 ft·lbf (240 N·m) of torque at 4000 RPM.""

Truck engine... Y'all building a truck boy?? The thought of the vibration from a 2.7L 4cyl should make your sister go weak at the knees...

Surely you can find some 1600cc motor that makes 140bhp and weighs a lot less

don't seem to think its a truck engine

Edited by curly

Surely you can find some 1600cc motor that makes 140bhp and weighs a lot less.

As long as the bottom end receives some treatment, they are VERY responsive to forced induction. I know of someone putting a turbo and possibly supercharged one in their MA61.

As long as the bottom end receives some treatment, they are VERY responsive to forced induction. I know of someone putting a turbo and possibly supercharged one in their MA61.
i know of one toally std internals, pump fuel Edited by curly

that is actually dissapointing....would have paid good cash for it just to get the x-members

engine mounts are about .5% of a conversion and you want to buy a complete car to get engine mounts?????????, so your going to do all this then tow your race car. if you put a 3RZ in you could end up with a tow car thats faster than your race car, dude really have you thought this through, just buy a hilux and tow your car

as i said above curly...don't bother with posting comments regarding towing...

and I'm more than aware that mounts not the main portion of a conversion...however, in this instance, mounts are the only thing apart from tailshaft that i can't do myself

and can you stop posting about 3RZ's...i don't care about your opinion on them...if i was to put a 3rz in, then it would negate the whole conversion price wise

a little more thought before posting might be helpful on your behalf