22re Into Ke70

Go Fish

hi,

i have a spare shell sitting here and have decided i would like to put a 22re into it

has anyone here done this before?

just need to work out crossmembers ad that before i go get the new motor

also trying to work out whether i can put the whole drivetrain - motor, gearbox, tailshaft and diff - in to eliminate the need for a custom tailshaft

any help is greatly appreicated

cheers

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeh i have the shell sitting here and need to do something with it, money is abit tight, and i can't have any more cars at my house, running out of room

have used a 22re for towing duties before and it was sweet, after all it would be towing a stripped out sprinter, so probably only 900kg odd plus trailer

yeh i have the shell sitting here and need to do something with it, money is abit tight, and i can't have any more cars at my house, running out of room

have used a 22re for towing duties before and it was sweet, after all it would be towing a stripped out sprinter, so probably only 900kg odd plus trailer

No. Just..... no.

Towing a car trailer with a Ke70 is just asking for biblical amounts of trouble. Not to mention being very illegal.

You're saying that you want to tow a 900 kg sprinter, but the trailer will weigh at least 500kg. (anything up to 900kg for a hire trailer) I have a very light tandem, and it's 525kg. Thus you're looking at minimum 1400kg. Given that the braked towing capacity for a KE70 is 750kg, this is not going to happen.

Towing rule of thumb: The tow vehicle should be around the same weight as the item you're towing. Go and buy a cheap Falco-dore to tow with. They're cheap, fairly comfy to tow with, and you won't die a horrible death the first time you descend a mountain range.

Either that, or tell us when you're going to tow, and I'll stay home that day.

for starters, it wont be "underbraked", I'm not as silly as it appears most of you think, if i was to go ahead with the 22re, then i would also be putting either my spare set of fc3s brakes on, or doing the CPH upgrade

Witzl:

custom engine mounts isnt really much of an issue, what gearbox are you running, and what gearbox crossmember?

Dude, you're not listening.

The very first policeman that sees you towing a car trailer with a KE70 will rip you (deservedly) a new arsehole. As previously stated the maximum braked trailer you can tow with a KE70 is 750kg total. 400kg unbraked.

You CAN'T tow a car and trailer with a 1000kg KE70.

Edited by Redwarf