Kyle's Ke10

KyleM

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic news about the roadworthy. Realistically, I think the stuff you had to do was only to be expected in an old car. I am spending lots of time at the moment sourcing stuff to get and keep mine on the road. And I have been picking up stuff all over the place. Was talking to Peter recently and mentioned I had sourced some new control arm bushes which clearly got his interest. But these came from Japan.....

Very interested to hear how and where you got them custom made. I have this vague idea of taking my new bushes somewhere to enquire about getting some copies made, but not sure what it would cost. Many years ago I got some urethane bushes made on a lathe for a mate who was running and winning (not many in his class dare I say it) the under 1600cc Vic sports sedan championship in a 4AGE powered KE15 running slicks.

Yes i'm very happy to finally have it all on the road etc now, it was the waiting and trying to source all the parts needed that made the whole thing anoying but now that it's all done it's much better.. just would like to get it lowerd again.

In regards to the bushes, most of my family are engineers so i had the machining done in their factory which was good. I think getting copies of the bushes is a good idea you will probobly need them some time down the track and if not I'm sure there would be alot of people that would be willing to buy some seeing as you can't find them anywhere. We were going to do it when mine we're getting done but because i wanted them back in the car i decided not to worry about it.

nice ride

get it riding dirty and enjoy it

Cheers haha, I'm starting to enjoy it now getting out in the sun.

I love the look of this car. Would love to get mine sitting like that!

Thanks :) I've spent the last 2 or so weeks since its been on the road neatening it all up.. and i think now its starting to look much better just needs to be a little lower :)

Good to hear you sorted it out. Old cars can often be a saga, this is just the beginning.... lol

probably sandblasted to hell. If pete did the roadworthy, he's pretty by the book when it comes to the windscreen. Seriously though, my other ride has a shitty windscreen and it's a real bitch, you don't realise how much of a difference it makes until you swap from one to the other regularly.

Thats interesting to hear, I thought he had to send cars to a bloke down the street to get rwc's done...

Got some other pics of it :yes:

Inlcuding the interior.. after i gave it a nice clean

then theres the engine bay, i tidy'd it a little bit still could come up much better

and then one of in the gaurds lol, re sprayed all of the wheel arches etc makes everything look much neater

probably sandblasted to hell. If pete did the roadworthy.

Nah i didnt get Pete to do the roadworthy. Everything was done in Thomastown.

Good to hear you sorted it out. Old cars can often be a saga, this is just the beginning.... lol

I've had some other cars that have been a bit of a pain.. nothing like this tho. But in the end its worth it :)

i admire your patients and perserverace in getting this car all sorted and on the road.

enjoy it, its one of the real classics.

cheers, scott

Thanks Scott :yes:

looks hooooorrrrrrnnnnn congrats with the rego

Cheers

post-9260-1257733570_thumb.jpg

post-9260-1257733580_thumb.jpg

post-9260-1257733591_thumb.jpg

post-9260-1257733599_thumb.jpg