Slo-038 + 10Psi

SLO-030

Members dont see this ad
Last time I asked, he had sold both, no worries, mine isn't too bad. I wondered what other nutjob wanted NOS wagon parts :)

Still waiting on the 3RZ bottom end, Got new front struts together, bushings, and some 13x7/8 steel wheels. Been building a Jeep truck the last week or two.

Can you PM a pic of yours. I may have access to another handle, second hand tho. If its better than yours i'll grab it for you.

more progress =woohoo

soon to be another wagon on the streets of adelaide, good stuff ryan (I'm only 5 weeks away aswell ;) )

HELL YEA. Gonna have to bring your 36 down to keep my 38 company, and so i can perv on it :wink:

I will still be able to use the RA60 hubs....thank god. Only 1mm difference between the XT and RA in the distance between the wheel and disc mounting faces.

I've read MX62 = 248 and RA60 = 258 :happy:

Hey was wondering looks like you have looking into this upgrade so ill ask these question.

If your using MX62 single piston calipers on a RA60 hub and rotor why not use the RA60 caliper as well ? is there an issue with fitment of RA60 calipers to XT130 struts ?

cheers matt

Hey Matt,

RA60 has a different bolt spacing than the 89mm (I think) spacing of the MX caliper and XT strut.

The MX caliper is used as it will accept the 20 or 21mm thick RA60 Rotor. There are many performance pads available for the shape of the MX62 pad. Also the 100% pad to rotor contact is a winnah.

I'm only using the RA hubs as i thought they were the ones i needed, when i needed the XT130 hubs. But they use the same bearings and there is only 1mm difference in the wheel to rotor mounting faces.

The XT130 struts being 2" (51mm) there is a WIDE range of performance inserts available. (AE86 etc)

Hope this answers any questions. Any others, fire away.

Hey Matt,

RA60 has a different bolt spacing than the 89mm (I think) spacing of the MX caliper and XT strut.

The MX caliper is used as it will accept the 20 or 21mm thick RA60 Rotor. There are many performance pads available for the shape of the MX62 pad. Also the 100% pad to rotor contact is a winnah.

I'm only using the RA hubs as i thought they were the ones i needed, when i needed the XT130 hubs. But they use the same bearings and there is only 1mm difference in the wheel to rotor mounting faces.

The XT130 struts being 2" (51mm) there is a WIDE range of performance inserts available. (AE86 etc)

Hope this answers any questions. Any others, fire away.

I see so is that 89 mm measured between the centre line of the bolt hole to the next or from either inner of outer edge of the bolt hole to the next ? hope that wasnt confusing I'm wondering because i have ra60 struts and discs hubs and calipers here and may be looking into a the xt130 struts into the AE71 so this seems like a dirty cheap decent brake upgrade.UNLESS! I'm geting T18 struts mixed up with XT130's

I could probably bring the caliper aound to see if its the go if we arent 100% sure, what do you think ?

I see so is that 89 mm measured between the centre line of the bolt hole to the next or from either inner of outer edge of the bolt hole to the next ? hope that wasnt confusing I'm wondering because i have ra60 struts and discs hubs and calipers here and may be looking into a the xt130 struts into the AE71 so this seems like a dirty cheap decent brake upgrade.UNLESS! I'm geting T18 struts mixed up with XT130's

I could probably bring the caliper aound to see if its the go if we arent 100% sure, what do you think ?

Yep, easiest way to measure the centers :happy:

XT130 struts seem to have a universal stub axle. the RA60's fit and the slotted and drilled VN rotors i have tucked away will fit.

if your going to buy the whole lot from say UPI. your looking at around 180. Plus ther cost of new rotors, pads etc.

2 x XT130 struts @ $39ea 2 x XT130 or RA60 hubs @ $29ea and 2 x MX62 calipers @ 22ea.

Plus all the stuff to make em like new again.

Alright, bit of progress last night,

Sanded the bonnet ready for primer, only to realise there wasnt any thinners for the primer :hmm:

Put a strut in to get an idea of wheel fitment. looks good so far.

Cut out and repositioned the shifter hole. The original shifter boot still bolts up perfectly :y:

Pics up later.

Shifter Hole mod from previous update.

Took a standard shifter hole, and cut this out

Image521.jpg

Which left me with this

Image520.jpg

Did a bit of switcheroo, welded here, ground there.

Ended up like this

Image523.jpg

Fitted the steel boot plate, lines up perfect

Image529-1.jpg

Slung the gearbox under the car in the aproximate position, lined up awesome

Image528.jpg

pretty happy :hmm: