February 22, 201016 yr comment_415961 more progress =woohoo soon to be another wagon on the streets of adelaide, good stuff ryan (I'm only 5 weeks away aswell :) ) Report
February 22, 201016 yr Author comment_416013 Last time I asked, he had sold both, no worries, mine isn't too bad. I wondered what other nutjob wanted NOS wagon parts :) Still waiting on the 3RZ bottom end, Got new front struts together, bushings, and some 13x7/8 steel wheels. Been building a Jeep truck the last week or two. Can you PM a pic of yours. I may have access to another handle, second hand tho. If its better than yours i'll grab it for you. more progress =woohoo soon to be another wagon on the streets of adelaide, good stuff ryan (I'm only 5 weeks away aswell ;) ) HELL YEA. Gonna have to bring your 36 down to keep my 38 company, and so i can perv on it :wink: I will still be able to use the RA60 hubs....thank god. Only 1mm difference between the XT and RA in the distance between the wheel and disc mounting faces. Report
February 25, 201016 yr comment_416903 I've read MX62 = 248 and RA60 = 258 :happy: Hey was wondering looks like you have looking into this upgrade so ill ask these question. If your using MX62 single piston calipers on a RA60 hub and rotor why not use the RA60 caliper as well ? is there an issue with fitment of RA60 calipers to XT130 struts ? cheers matt Report
February 25, 201016 yr Author comment_417029 Hey Matt, RA60 has a different bolt spacing than the 89mm (I think) spacing of the MX caliper and XT strut. The MX caliper is used as it will accept the 20 or 21mm thick RA60 Rotor. There are many performance pads available for the shape of the MX62 pad. Also the 100% pad to rotor contact is a winnah. I'm only using the RA hubs as i thought they were the ones i needed, when i needed the XT130 hubs. But they use the same bearings and there is only 1mm difference in the wheel to rotor mounting faces. The XT130 struts being 2" (51mm) there is a WIDE range of performance inserts available. (AE86 etc) Hope this answers any questions. Any others, fire away. Report
February 26, 201016 yr comment_417190 Hey Matt, RA60 has a different bolt spacing than the 89mm (I think) spacing of the MX caliper and XT strut. The MX caliper is used as it will accept the 20 or 21mm thick RA60 Rotor. There are many performance pads available for the shape of the MX62 pad. Also the 100% pad to rotor contact is a winnah. I'm only using the RA hubs as i thought they were the ones i needed, when i needed the XT130 hubs. But they use the same bearings and there is only 1mm difference in the wheel to rotor mounting faces. The XT130 struts being 2" (51mm) there is a WIDE range of performance inserts available. (AE86 etc) Hope this answers any questions. Any others, fire away. I see so is that 89 mm measured between the centre line of the bolt hole to the next or from either inner of outer edge of the bolt hole to the next ? hope that wasnt confusing I'm wondering because i have ra60 struts and discs hubs and calipers here and may be looking into a the xt130 struts into the AE71 so this seems like a dirty cheap decent brake upgrade.UNLESS! I'm geting T18 struts mixed up with XT130's I could probably bring the caliper aound to see if its the go if we arent 100% sure, what do you think ? Report
February 26, 201016 yr Author comment_417207 I see so is that 89 mm measured between the centre line of the bolt hole to the next or from either inner of outer edge of the bolt hole to the next ? hope that wasnt confusing I'm wondering because i have ra60 struts and discs hubs and calipers here and may be looking into a the xt130 struts into the AE71 so this seems like a dirty cheap decent brake upgrade.UNLESS! I'm geting T18 struts mixed up with XT130's I could probably bring the caliper aound to see if its the go if we arent 100% sure, what do you think ? Yep, easiest way to measure the centers :happy: XT130 struts seem to have a universal stub axle. the RA60's fit and the slotted and drilled VN rotors i have tucked away will fit. if your going to buy the whole lot from say UPI. your looking at around 180. Plus ther cost of new rotors, pads etc. 2 x XT130 struts @ $39ea 2 x XT130 or RA60 hubs @ $29ea and 2 x MX62 calipers @ 22ea. Plus all the stuff to make em like new again. Report
February 27, 201016 yr Author comment_417331 What's everybodys opinion on what oil to use in a steering box? Auto trans/ power steer fluid, Diff oil or ??? Report
February 27, 201016 yr Author comment_417337 Cheers Bud. Gonna do an oil swap on the box, i think a decent bit of degreaser got in there when i washed it. Not to mention the stuff that leaked out was pretty nasty. Report
February 28, 201016 yr Author comment_417563 Alright, bit of progress last night, Sanded the bonnet ready for primer, only to realise there wasnt any thinners for the primer :hmm: Put a strut in to get an idea of wheel fitment. looks good so far. Cut out and repositioned the shifter hole. The original shifter boot still bolts up perfectly :y: Pics up later. Report
February 28, 201016 yr Author comment_417746 Shifter Hole mod from previous update. Took a standard shifter hole, and cut this out Which left me with this Did a bit of switcheroo, welded here, ground there. Ended up like this Fitted the steel boot plate, lines up perfect Slung the gearbox under the car in the aproximate position, lined up awesome pretty happy :hmm: Report
February 28, 201016 yr comment_417754 :hmm: Loving the work Ryan Can't wait for more updates :y: Report
February 28, 201016 yr Author comment_417755 :hmm: Loving the work Ryan Can't wait for more updates :y: Thanks Sam. You want MORE updates, already???. Geee, tough crowd. Report
March 1, 201016 yr comment_417842 seriously Sorry I haven't got any pics yet... busy couple of days Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now