Slo-038 + 10Psi

SLO-030

Members dont see this ad

Well, i put my struts together monday night, brand new Pedders Comfort Gas (Thanks to RKE055) shocks along with lowered Lovells springs.

Got the mounting plates for the strut brace on monday also. Test fitted them tonight and they fit like a finger in a bumhole (not Luc's). Really happy with how they came out. Got 2 spare pairs of plates that are up for grabs.

Gonna pick up a Z68 filter or smaller equivilant tomorrow night, maybe some gear oil and see if i can get the thing to turn over!

Hey Tom,

RCR laser did the cutting for me.

Prices were great, obviously cheaper with the more you order.

Using 1" (i think) Mild steel tube (got heaps real cheap)

With teflon coated brass sphericals.

All up cost price to make a brace is about $60-70.

***UPDATE***

Alrighty, been busy over the past 4 or so days since i been on here.

Got my Z68, and GTX. Filled it up with the good stuff.

Put a battery in it and checked all the electrical were working which came up good except the heater fan.

Over-rode the immobiliser (no disarm button). Kicked it over a couple of times to fill the bowl and make sure there was oil pressure.

Hit the ignition and i fired right up. Didnt run it for long due to no oil in the gearbox. Quite Happy :happy:

Put the radiator and overflow in and filled with some coolant. Got the rear windscreen and seal in tonight.

Luc came down and we got the minta dash pad in, aswel as the front seats.

Probably wont be a goer for the cruise tomorrow but should be good for tomorrow night.

CHEERS

Ryan

Alrighty!

David (Rollaboy70) came down this afternoon, and boy there was some work done!

Removed the diff, tailshaft, fuel tank, sparewheel holder, rear brake line, shocks and handbrake cables from the donor car.

Got the diff into the wagon so it rolls now. Only running standard KE38 leaves at this stage, till i get bushes for the new ones (34mm current bushes vs 50mm new ones)

Tomorrow is all go go go. Tail shaft and gearbox oil are first off. then the fuel tank and spare holder. Connect the front and rear brakes then bleed em all up.

Steering box, column and wheel complete the front suspension/steering.

Bonnet, LH 1/4 panel, Bonnet, Bumper, Grille and headlights complete the exterior.

Rear seat, seat belts, door windows complete the interior.

Weld the exhaust up, rear shock mounts and handbrake cables render the car driveable ^.^

EDIT: Massif thanks to David for coming down all that way.

Edited by SLO-030

Good progress today, we now have:

A fuel tank, all connected too.

Handbrake Lever and Cables, Operational.

Headlights.

Bonnet.

Grille.

Shifter.

Tailshaft.

Rear brake lines.

Steering column and box.

Rear Shocks in.

Still needs things like a hydraulic brake system, door windows, LH 1/4 panel, front bumper and exhaust connected up to the extractors.