Slo-038 + 10Psi

SLO-030

Members dont see this ad

Kick Ass! Sounds good Mick :D

UPDATE!!

Got the ol 4K running a metric shitload better tonight.

Was fiddling around and popped the dizzy cap off. had a look at the points and realised the connection thats on the inside of the insulator was loose as a goose letting it riggle around all over the place.

Tightened the little bugger up and it ran like a dream!

Just need to adjust the timing a bit as its a little laggy down low. But once it gets up high it goes like shit off a shovel.

Maybe the cam's a bit bigger than anyone thought..... :guns:

Went into pedders yesterday and replaced the front wheel bearings, No more squealing :D

Put it on the wheel aligner and now it turns corners a shitload better. Connected the swaybar and that also improved things outta sight.

Replaced the old points which were burnt out due to the loose connection. Set the dwell, timing and fuel mixture a tad.

All i can say is when i took it for a burst up the street, i was a VERY happy rolla driver :yes:

Big thanks goes out yet again to Alan.

Atm I'm running a standard Asian carb, whilst it goes great. I'm currently having issues with the mixture screw winding itself out as I'm driving. Anyone had issues with this? If so, how have you fixer'd it?

Thinking of getting a stronger spring to go under the head to hold it tighter.

Alrighty,

So i took the green terror (as its been named at work) for the Hachi Roku 2010 annual cruise on sunday.

While the car performed perfectly, i've come up with a list of what will need doing.

Front strut brace.

Replace struts with the XT130's i have, still need to build them (4kg Coilovers, 86 shocks, RA60 discs, MX62 calipers)

Sigma LCA's

Install new rear leaves (Got them, just need new bushes)

Custom rear swaybar.

Wider wheels.

Wider Tyre with a lower profile.

Really eyeing off some diamond racing wheels again.

• 2 weeks later...

Did the front pads Thursday night, cheers to Mick for supplying the parts.

Still gotta put a thermostat in it yet, hopefully tomorrow.

Took a friend for a ride in it last night and her reaction was unexpectedly good. Was amazed with how well it went for what it is. I'm happy with that,seeing as she drives a 300hp 347 stroker AU ute. :D