Parts Car

woofer212

Members dont see this ad

ok just learned the rear end wont work its a celica gts with irs. i was told the 3tc and 22re use the same transmission? i can make the clutch pedal work as long as the master cylinder is close to the correct size. i have good fab mechanical skills and acess to a car lift and welding equipment i have no idea the chassis codes for the celica why would there be more than one kind of 84 celica gts coupe? my car is a te72

Edited by woofer212

ok just learned the rear end wont work its a celica gts with irs. i was told the 3tc and 22re use the same transmission? i can make the clutch pedal work as long as the master cylinder is close to the correct size. i have good fab mechanical skills and acess to a car lift and welding equipment i have no idea the chassis codes for the celica why would there be more than one kind of 84 celica gts coupe? my car is a te72

Chassis number isn't hard to see... It's in the engine bay on the firewall.

Chassis number isn't hard to see... It's in the engine bay on the firewall.

I'm not going half way across town to get a chassis code number. if you guys can't ell me what will and will not fit buy the year and trim model you can't help me at all. i don't know how things work in other countries but all you need to buy parts here is a year model and trim lvl.

Ah yes, the way to get good help from a community is to get fired up and angry at them. Welcome to rollaclub champ. Your attitude will see you go far.

Reality is that a 1984 chassis in the USA may well be what we consider a 1983 or a 1985 Celica over here. Your model years work different to ours as far as I know. In 1983 I am pretty sure its a cross over year between the RA4* and RA6* chassis.

Never mind, if you can weld and are good mechanically, you can fit that engine and gearbox to your Corolla. Given the abundance of performance parts for the 22R engine over there in the States, its probably not a bad thing to do, though they are still a truck motor.

Ah yes, the way to get good help from a community is to get fired up and angry at them. Welcome to rollaclub champ. Your attitude will see you go far.

Reality is that a 1984 chassis in the USA may well be what we consider a 1983 or a 1985 Celica over here. Your model years work different to ours as far as I know. In 1983 I am pretty sure its a cross over year between the RA4* and RA6* chassis.

Never mind, if you can weld and are good mechanically, you can fit that engine and gearbox to your Corolla. Given the abundance of performance parts for the 22R engine over there in the States, its probably not a bad thing to do, though they are still a truck motor.

Ok fine sorry ill play nice. I drove 2 hours to get the chassis code its an ra-65.