20v Into Ae71.

LittleRedSpirit

awww Yep!

How much do you think it would cost for the ply, all up? I think I would use the original carpet if I could because I want to fit some clean looking 6x9's that pump the tunes and keep it looking modern but with a touch or originality. Maybe some Alpines or something.

Members dont see this ad
awww Yep!

How much do you think it would cost for the ply, all up? I think I would use the original carpet if I could because I want to fit some clean looking 6x9's that pump the tunes and keep it looking modern but with a touch or originality. Maybe some Alpines or something.

I honestly do not care much for car sound. Thats why I just have the same crappy 6x9s that came in the little red spirit installed in the shelf. I'm just doing it because my original faded carpet looks pov and most other things are brown inside now, except the dash under body, rear seat and shelf. It will match the new pillar trims, I should do the rear ones too methinks. I don't usually put in the middle pillar trims. I think they look better painted out white like the rest of the car. Plus I'm on a lifelong mission to remove rattles and undue noise from old cars. I just like my cars to feel civilized, no dodgy things hanging loose or poorly fitted trim.

Id really like to find a overrated rear seat in a brown or cream/check pattern...

there is one for sale in the fs thread Ke70 xx interior or something. I think it is like honey combed pattern though! but its cream.

You wouldn't have a Cassette player Surround lying around there at your house would you? I mangled mine with a dye grinder trying to trim it up to fit a head unit in.

there is one for sale in the fs thread Ke70 xx interior or something. I think it is like honey combed pattern though! but its cream.

You wouldn't have a Cassette player Surround lying around there at your house would you? I mangled mine with a dye grinder trying to trim it up to fit a head unit in.

Yeah I don't want the honeycomb. i want that old fashioned plaid flavour.

I have got a couple of cassete surrounds here, which colour are you after. I have brown, grey and navy.

and SamQ, I didnt use staples. Just contact the face then trim the edges to overlap an inch or so and respray glue around them from the rear, making sure to get some glue on the vinyl and the substrate, then give it 15 minutes to tack off and fold the edges around and stick it on. Gotta love contact adhesive, as a cabinetmaker I use it for a lot of different things. The thinner for it is magic stuff too. 50% TOLUENE. Will most likely kill me someday but until then I have to work with it each day.

2 x new 6061 heat treated outers , welded , polished , valved and tyred :P

now awaiting fitment :abuse:

Image0250.jpg

Image0248.jpg

Image0249.jpg

other pair are getting welded now coming to a 20v ae71 soon :D

should fit under 100% *e7* stock guards with 205/50/15's..................

Edited by mungi mods

A LITTLE ROLL and she'll be SWEET !!!

The front didn't scrub once I bent the corner out a bit. The rear barely scrubbed.

Needs some metal welded in to fill it up in the rear gaurd lips, but it wont take much work to cover.

Also i did my sums, the wheels are 15x8 front and rear and the G3 centre pair are -8 offset, they were on the front.

The G2 pair are -6 offset and are on the rear.

I should point out that the car has xt130 lcas in it that widen the front track 10mm a side. You could fit 15x8 -20 without them dead easy.