20v Into Ae71.

LittleRedSpirit

Special bolts looked overrated, bro.

It was fun to go racing tonight, really not an intimidating thing to do at all. I'm gonna expect someone else with a 4age rwd setup to come compete next time, KE70Dave, this means you.

I recorded a best time of 15.654 @87.16 mph.

2.204 60 foot time.

Beat an MX5, and got my ass handed to me by a couple of Toranas. :blinks:

Good shit Matt, I think I passed you on the cunningham coming back from QR, If it was you it sounded really nice.

why welded? legalities?

3 piece wheels aren't legal.

Members dont see this ad
why welded? legalities?

Only dodgy fools silicon them up, in a wheel as light as most vintage jap 3 piece, most of the strength comes from the weld. I wouldn't touch them if they weren't welded. I don't see them as a finished product until they are welded and spun to see if they are true.

Edited by LittleRedSpirit

Good shit Matt, I think I passed you on the cunningham coming back from QR, If it was you it sounded really nice.

Mya well have done, shortly after 9pm I was on the cunningham highway. Mungi mods was behind me and there was a yellow HG ute in front of me.

Forgot to add, the rolla does pretty sick burnouts. :blinks:

this set of rims are 1983 vintage , so period correct !

welded because if SSR Work etc deem they need to be from their factory

then i feel they should be from mE

I do wheels for my self first and foremost , so why would i want to cut corners to save a few bucks?

it's like rebuilding your engine and deciding the old head gasket will be alright .

These Southernways were not originally welded together, and Simmons are not welded either so its not really a legality issue,

the weld increases the strength of the rim, helps with sealing and is good for added safety

a little extra cost is minimal compared to the carnage that could ensue. after all you are relying on 20 6 or 8 mm 6.6

high tensile bolts and nuts

same as bolts , why re use 20 + yr old bolts when for around $80 you can buy new bolts and nuts at a much higher grade

i use aviation grade 12.9 high tensile bolts as i have snapped a standard ssr bolt in a rim once .

t'was fun running down the quarter , i only need to find 6 seconds and then it will be a race :blinks:

Edited by mungi mods

3 piece wheels aren't legal.

Now I know why I was told the 3 piece weren't legal...

Wheel marking

Vehicles built on or after 1 July 1985 must be fitted with

original wheels or replacement wheels which

are indelibly marked in accordance with approved

standards.

These standards include:

• Standards Australia

• Wheel Industries Association (Australia)

• Technischer Uberwachungen Verein

• Japanese Industrial Standards.

Markings must include diameter, width, offset and the

manufacturer’s trade mark or logo and be located so

that they are readily visible when the wheel is correctly

installed on the vehicle.

Composite wheels

The use of composite wheels (two or three-piece) is

permitted. They must be manufactured and marked in

accordance with the standards described above if fitted

to vehicles manufactured on or after 1 July 1985.

Was told that the 3 piece wheels were illegal by a guy I used to work with that thinks he knows fckn everything, This is when I was trying to buy a set of race wheels off Terry (my old boss), I hate when you get told bullshit and pass it on to others as it makes you look like a bigger dickhead.