Karllos' Ae112r Sportivo Turbo

Karllos

Members dont see this ad

HA! um yeah that works :D actually its my turbo timer.

Am going to get my CAI made up properly within the next week or 2 i think, just so it dosent look so dodgy lol.

how was the rest of the cruise, saw some awesome pics that August took :jamie:

Karl

• 4 weeks later...

wow sounds like your experiencing a few problems. Hope mine doesnt get that way....

How much boost you running through that 2560R?

You have to show me pics of your cai and how much your getting one made up for.....!

I saw in your earlier posts that you bought the car with no bov.... Ours is the same. Do they

come out stock with no bov or what.... I wouldnt want one anyway. Once we get the cai its gunna

get some good flutter :yes: It already has some good flutter with just a pod. Pitty, toyotas idea of pipework

is terrible, so it gets all the hot air from the engine!!

Edited by SportivoPSI

wow sounds like your experiencing a few problems. Hope mine doesnt get that way....

How much boost you running through that 2560R?

You have to show me pics of your cai and how much your getting one made up for.....!

I saw in your earlier posts that you bought the car with no bov.... Ours is the same. Do they

come out stock with no bov or what.... I wouldnt want one anyway. Once we get the cai its gunna

get some good flutter :D It already has some good flutter with just a pod. Pitty, toyotas idea of pipework

is terrible, so it gets all the hot air from the engine!!

The actuator runs at 10 pounds but I'm loosing boost as my revs go past 4 thousand. It could be my that my cat converter is restrictive or i need a Boost Conrtoller, as ive explored CAI, and mild exhaust mods. so I'm yet to figure out what power my cars is actually putting down but atm its sitting rather hatedly at 91kwatw :hmm: >|

Haha um atm i don't want to release info about my CAI :S..... ok fine its made up from down pipe lol i think that lesley had hers made up with an actual pod for just under $300 ive had quotes for about that much but if your handy enough you could buy a couple mandrel bends from an exhaust shop and weld/silver solder it up and then paint it. Much cheaper yet gets the same result.

I know the snake pipe of an intake it heats up the intake air SOOOOO much! I know my car was bought from a dealer and as a result they took off a bit of stuff such as the BOV and i think pedals. I researched that they come with a standard Atmospheric BOV. Yeah they flutter a bit :yes: well its actually hard to get flutter instead of "does" and it sounds so much less "wanky" with a normal "pstchhhh" BOV.

Out of interest what tip are you thinking of running? ive seen a couple work on these cars. Hope it works out well for you.

Karl.

Nah thats alright, I'm not happy at all with that figure!

From my reading of the dyno chart it says thatpeak power is started 4 grand as thats where the power line flatlines for the remainder of the rev range. My factory stat peak power is made at 5600rpm and by that stage its only running about 5psi according to my boost guage on my current setup. So my assumptions are if i get smooth and consistent boost settings id pull a better number and be producing more power.

So I'm assuming its my catalytic converter or maybe something else but i know for a fact that the 2560R is a well suited turbo for my engine and shouldnt be running out of puff at 4 thousand revs. having said that i could live with (for now) it if still held 8-9PSI instead of dropping off to 5PSI if i replaced my cat.

Karl.

Edited by Karllos

just posted a pic of the rear of the car with Exhaust tip! Just decided to go with the twin dump

arrangement and it looks the goods i reckon. Doesnt stand out like dogs balls :yes:

I can help you out with downpipe! i work at Reece plumbing hehehe!

How are you going to make this work? are you going to leave the original

setup in and run pipe from the front bumper to the airbox?

no no get rid of the standard setup all together! Ive used a couple of 90degree bends with straight pipe and another 90degree bend going to the air filter, if you can imagine on the left hand side of the engine bay near the washer fluid bottle thats where the bends are sitting (it actually rises above the radiator just a bit) and then turns down between all the belts and pulleys and goes between the gap in the guard there where the pod sits, its almost like it was made for a CAI :yes: lol. Then I glued it all together made sure none of the glue got on the inside sprayed it black and there ya go :hmm: haha mine is hardly pretty but it works, so once i get it made up properly il post pics.

I was just speaking to a friend who is going to help me to make my CAI properly and i want to do it this weekend possibly maybe have it done by the start of next week. So il be able to post pics for you >|

Karl.

Edited by Karllos

Ahh so you made a mock up one so someone else can make up the real deal! That would be awesome! will the pod fit in front of the wheel? Doesnt seem to be much room.

Haha as in make it up properly out of something stronger and hard wearing such as metal! lol

Nope my pod is larger than most and fits perfectly, even with the guard put back where it belongs.

Karl.