Sr20 Conversion To Ke55 Plus Rebuild Plus Pimpage

JDM55

cas is easy mate. Put on top dead centre, firing on number one, and put it back the same way.

mark it precisely with a nikko if you are worried, :y:

vid is well done, if you can do all that cas is a joke!

haha yeah mite give it a go , but not for a while , going on to the fuel system i think next, how does this sound???this is what ive been thinking bout doing ::

vl turbo intank lift pump

surge tank

044 main fuel pump

3/8th bundy tube hard lines

and braided lines for the flexible hoses,

you think this will work ok??

Members dont see this ad
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

dude your attention to detail is crazy, this is going to be one crazy rolla when your done, get back to work!!!!!!!

i want to see this thing pass me sideways, :dance:

paul

haha thanks alot mate, but my health has been prety bad of late and not alot has been done to the car ,just working on getting well, the car will get more work done eventulay ,cheers for your comment

We have started the same project (01-02-2011)and from the photos you can see we have a long way to go so maybe we can compare stages fo the build ,

Good luck with the build i think were both going to need it.

Cheers Scott (me n d boy) :cool:

good luck with it !! hope you have a lot of patience!@ :) give em a yell if you need any advice on a subject ,tho there are others on here that have actualy finished there sr conversions and maybe be able to help more than i can , good luck with it

• 1 month later...

well I'm coming back ! been a while since i been on here , been having some time out with a few health issues plauging my advance on this project, but slowly getting better and have been putting a few hours back into the car again, soo stay tuned for some updates and burbles coming soon :)

ok well where i left off was at the engine, was pretty much finished there but unfortunatley i found some oil leaks and other small niggley problems with the thing , so ive pushed that aside for the time being, just needed a break from that thing,

any way for a change of direction ,

so a few small things that i could do not to hard and something where i didnt have to hurt my brain was in order lol

so heres my attemp at the dash,

now i had all ready modded the corolla dash to take the 180sx cluster so thought be a good time to finish off that ::

heres my modded corolla dash with 180sx cluster:::

49775209.jpg

here i got hold of some gauges to fill the holes, I'm running boost, temp and oil pressure ,just some basic ones

,tho i like the look of them, they have a smoked out look when there off and light up blue when there on ,pretty cool,

25058651.jpg

heres with some power going in to them and got the lights working .....

34359894.jpg

also started to make a mini loom to make it easyier to hook up later on .....

42722574.jpg

so had a think and had to come up with some colours for the interior, always a hard choice, in the end i decided didnt just want black this time tho i do like the darker colours, so went with a very dark grey with a bit of dark silver for insert colours , alot of modern cars seem to have the simular interior colour scheme, and i think thats the look i was going for , a modern look but still keeping the old skool flavs :)

heres the dash striped down totaly to the plastic, from past experience when you paint plastic car interior parts they can be very waxy and can do some strange things when you put paint down on them, not taking any chances here i scotched the shit out of this with the paste then a light wet rub with some fine paper and then was hosed down and washed off very well,followed by a good dry down and several passes of prepsol :) yes i go overboard, but for good reason

59153577.jpg

after setting up in the oven first thing was paint the silver insert,since I'm painting this 2 differnt colours, one is going to be painted then masked up, then the 2nd colour painted then unmasked and cleared the hole thing,also commonly called two tone painting ,bla bla bla

so heres the first colour , its just a random mix , silver::

97066935.jpg

then the other parts that surround that piece also were painted to keep it all the same ....

custom dash thingy:::

83921974.jpg

the ash tray and the heater control cover also got the silver::

13070595.jpg

couldnt find the pic of the masking ,but it was fiddley lol,any way here what it look like when finished:::

81159601.jpg

97455697.jpg

can kinda see where I'm going with this now......

after assembly of the the ash tray the heater control panel,cluster, and gauges etc it looks like this , at this stage I'm quite happy :) :dance:

55464935.jpg

then for a lil touch of pimp my ride styles i changed all the lights to blue, i actualy customed the heater control lamp to hold an led, and also the ash tray light got rid of the green plastic and replaced that peice with a clear piece (of a cd case) and then another blue led , i like it .....

65927871.jpg

this one is abit blurry but thats good, you can't realy see my terrible efforts at recovering the dash pad,

tho i did spend about 5 hours recovering the thing it was just realy hard and didnt come out as good as i hoped,i ended up using dark grey micro swuede which I'm also using for my door trims , just to be differnt,

the very hardest part was the (bendy dip down part in the middle ,bending fabric into a shape like that just dosent like to go, any way thats how it ended up and thats how its staying

69282212.jpg

another small thing was the rear muffler ,had to do a very ruff test fit, this thing is huge, probably far to big for the small rolla but its kinda grown on me and ,being a variax muffler I'm able to shut the noise down a fair bit apparently ,which should help with the vic roads epa tests /bastards ,

but this thing had a straight pipe hanging off it and I'm a big fan of dump tips so chop chop with the straight and tacked on a dump tip , deffinatley the look i was thinking off, ,but dam this thing is huge ! hahaha :P

12032011777small.jpg

12032011769smallsmallsm.jpg