The Black Knight

ca18ae71

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi guys the knight is now regod took it for a drive yesterday. it drove better then my red one in every way but there is one small issue i seem to be losing races with exels lol.... on the up side it reved nicely to 7000rpm i wish lol , hopfuly going to put the 2t-gue in the car some time early new year

Edited by ca18ae71

• 2 weeks later...

update guys i have mad a adapter plate for now to run a 34/36 weber , I'm just not sure on the timing it struggles down low till 3k , is the to much air/fuel for the motor or is the dizzy not ad/ret enough cheers ,oi my dizzy is set to 15* on the crank pully

update guys i have mad a adapter plate for now to run a 34/36 weber , I'm just not sure on the timing it struggles down low till 3k , is the to much air/fuel for the motor or is the dizzy not ad/ret enough cheers ,oi my dizzy is set to 15* on the crank pully

they would just be the cam id say. Does it just feel like nothing their then when it hits 3k it outa their?

• 4 weeks later...

It'd be a combination of the camshaft and carby, the cam probably has a range from like 4 to 7500 rpm, and the standard carby has little useful adjustment, plus its just crap. I've had two stock 4k's with the stock carby, and they both do the same as yours; struggles a bit down low then fine (up to 6 anyway).

Sidedrafts! 15deg might be 1 or 2 two much?

• 3 weeks later...

hi all been awhile since i have worked on the car due to lack of time and interest but i started again , just bought a 40 dohc8 side drought Weber, started to sand the car and prime it , and going to have a go at flaring the guards this week some time should be fun lol , also have a s13 front end I'm considering putting in her not really sure yet don't know the pros or cons . so i have decided to paint the car gloss white with red highlights should look good fingers crossed

Edited by ca18ae71

hi all been awhile since i have worked on the car due to lack of time and interest but i started again , just bought a 40 dohc8 side drought Weber, started to sand the car and prime it , and going to have a go at flaring the guards this week some time should be fun lol , also have a s13 front end I'm considering putting in her not really sure yet don't know the pros or cons . so i have decided to paint the car gloss white with red highlights should look good fingers crossed

Red and white sounds good. Its Toyotas livery after all.

Inspiration for you:

post-2885-1264939595_thumb.jpg

post-2885-1264939621_thumb.jpg