Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

My Little Yellow Ke11

Featured Replies

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 197
  • Views 57.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author

It seems like I have fixed the ignition issues. Nevertheless I went and bought a new rotor button, condensor, dizzy cap etc the other day which I will fit this weekend.

 

Looks like my alternator is on the way out too, and that is the reason for the hard cold starting. The charge light flashes. The battery is not getting enough charge. When I use jumper leads it will start in the morning first crank. Otherwise it is a whole lot of slow cranking to get it going.

 

I have a few weeks off from today so I will be addressing all these little issues.

I have a few weeks off from today so I will be addressing all these little issues and making it JDM SPEC!

 

...better :yes:

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Author

Long time no update - I have been very busy with our baby arriving and also starting a new job!! :y: I now work at Holden at Elizabeth :wink:

 

I have ordered/purchased the following for the KE11 lately:

 

1 pair of Performance Superlites in 13 x 7 -7 charcoal centres with polished lip - 4 x 110 pcd as I figure I will leave the rears in 4 x 110

1 set of extractors for the 3K - don't look like they will fit bugger it

1 set of Crown Hubcaps

 

I am going to run my 14 inch steelies and crown hubcaps for more regular driving and put the Superlites on every now and then (provided they fit). I bought the Superlites in a pair only as if they are not going to work I can sell the pair rather than having a set to get rid of. If they work I will run the same size all round but run them in 4 x 114.3 PCD on the front as that will give me more options for brakes etc

 

I am doing research into suspension options for the front end so I can lower it, there has been some good stuff on here about it of late so it looks like some of the work is being done for me.

 

My alternator has decided to work again.

 

I drove the KE for the first time in 4 weeks today and damn I am in love all over again :y:

  • Author
Luke slap in a set of Weld In coilovers man! I'll be happy to help weld em on for ya.

 

Tom, I have been getting curious about the coilover idea, but what diameter is the strut insert for the KE1x??

 

The Otomoto ones only come in specific diameters, or is there something you can do to sort this.

 

Also, I wondered if I could source some cusco adjustable camber tops from a TE27 (same as KE20) so then I can run some neg camber on the front to bring the wheels in a little. Or should I just adjust the lower control arms pick up point which I have read about in other threads also.

I've not measured it, but if you can't get the exact size from otomoto, getting one slightly smaller would be the best bet, then get it machined out slightly. Or you could get a larger one and sleeve it which would work fine as long as it's done correctly.

 

I reckon you'll struggle to get much movement out of strut tops because there's not a lot of room to move inward before the spring clashes. The coilovers would be narrower so you might get enough movement with them

 

Modifying the lower arms and making them adjustable would be another option.

  • Author
I've not measured it, but if you can't get the exact size from otomoto, getting one slightly smaller would be the best bet, then get it machined out slightly. Or you could get a larger one and sleeve it which would work fine as long as it's done correctly.

 

I reckon you'll struggle to get much movement out of strut tops because there's not a lot of room to move inward before the spring clashes. The coilovers would be narrower so you might get enough movement with them

 

Modifying the lower arms and making them adjustable would be another option.

 

Cheers for the offer of help Tom I'll definitely get you to help me with the coilovers. As soon as I have measured them I will order the Otomoto kit in the right size.4

 

I'm getting excited about all this stuff!!! :)

If you are keen Luke, I just read the DTEI's opinion of coilovers from this page:

They must:

- have at least two thirds of the amount of suspension travel of the original suspension system fitted by the manufacturer of the vehicle

- have a rubber or other resilient bump stop to limit travel to ensure there is clearance between the coils when the suspension is at full bump

- incorporate a permanent locking device on the adjustment mechanism to prevent the adjusting of the suspension that results in the vehicle’s ride being less than that minimum legal height specified for that vehicle.

 

Verification of the above must be in the form of a report from a Chartered Professional Engineer (CPE). The report must specify the measured suspension travel of both the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) suspension arrangement and that of the aftermarket replacement. On receipt of an acceptable engineering report by Vehicle Standards, a Statement of Requirements will be sent to the owner detailing the modifications and any applicable conditions and the vehicle would be required to pass a roadworthiness inspection.

 

Hmm. Worst bit about that is that you're required to get the report.... Looks like I should pull my finger out and get Chartered.......

Edited by philbey

  • Author

Tom, legality of this is not really something I am going to worry about.

 

I didn't with my last car so why would I start now, just got to keep it subtle on the street and run the risk, alot cheaper than proper engineering at least in this state

So I sold my AE71 last night and had already placed a deposit on my new addition, a little yellow KE11.

 

The KE11 will be used as a cruiser/daily through this Summer whilst I look patiently for another daily. I didn’t want to rush out and buy a crap daily that I would regret buying so this thing should tide me over for a bit. The KE still has the 3K which appears to be in really good condition, and overall this car is a very tidy unit.

 

The KE will then be hidden away for a while during the colder months and brought out again late next year when the weather is good again.

 

I actually can’t believe the weekend’s weather we are going to have here, awesome to get the KE out in.

 

I have some plans for the KE but as always will just see how things pan out. I am very happy with my purchase and can’t wait to get home now I have the rego sorted and take the thing for a decent drive!!!!!!

 

Some pics

 

post-7149-1255066197_thumb.jpg

 

post-7149-1255066204_thumb.jpg

 

post-7149-1255066212_thumb.jpg

 

These pics are all from the previous owners ad so I will get some new ones to add in here once I get a chance.

 

Enjoy

 

Oh and any suggestions for a name would be great. I thought of something to do with lemons but you usually associate the word lemon with a crap car :wink:

 

I went back to classics aswell i have a 67 ke10 and a 68 impala custom ute.sweet little car you scored I think her name could be gloria.

  • Author

Thanks mate!!

 

I bought a new addition to the stable yesterday, a 1984 Ford Laser with only 110,000 ks on it. Owned by a Grandma from new, full service history, in the end she didn't drive it much anymore so she sold it to me. The cars name is Larry.

 

I will put up some pics of Larry tonight, he drives like new :wink:

 

post-7149-1259231898_thumb.jpg

 

post-7149-1259231913_thumb.jpg

 

post-7149-1259231923_thumb.jpg

 

post-7149-1259231934_thumb.jpg

Edited by LukeAE71

  • Author

My crown hubbies arrived in the post so I gave them a polish up and some pics. I think I need to polish them a little more so they come up a bit shinier. They have to be better than the 12" I have on now. Just have to get my Celica steelies redrilled and some tyres fitted.

 

post-7149-1259232101_thumb.jpg

 

post-7149-1259232116_thumb.jpg

 

Also, my pair of Superlights turned up today, nothing like brand new rims!!!! I am going to try them on later tonight :wink:

 

post-7149-1259232128_thumb.jpg

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.