Ke70 Daily/jdm Showcar Kinda...

scotty1234

Had plans for doing up my ae71 but crashed it so needed a replacement.. :) so now i have an 81 ke70 in fair condition.. not an issue though.

started stripping it down and yeah theres what i would call some rust, (others may say alot :P )

well progress so far started stripping the interior apart, and sanding back all the bog and paint for prep.

this is how it looked when i picked it up.

gallery_5240_324_65775.jpg

gallery_5240_324_83505.jpg

gallery_5240_324_143446.jpg

plans

finish off stripping interior.

get exterior all fixed and primed.

repair/replace rim/s

remove engine, g/box entire driveline.

weld in chassie supports.

Engine.

1jz-gte Twin or Big single turbo

unsure of diff atm, but looking for around 220rwkw....

Suspension.

coilovers of some description. not really sure what to go for on this one.

ajustable cambertops.

swaybars and chassie bracings.

Interior.

bucket seats of some description retrimed in cream/black leather.

bolt in roll cage.

retrim interior in black/ceam leather, back seats, door panels.

granny spec rear blinds.

custom dash, all drift iridium blue gauges.

replaced carpet with new black stuff lol

darkest legal tint on rear windows and rearwindscreen

Exterior.

custom respray in the new 2009 mazda 3 blue metallic, and black metallic roof and hood.

custom rear taillights.

xenon headlights

quad fog light setup.

jdm fendor mirrors.

madhouse lip.

torana style flares.

t-18/ newer bumpers.

billet grill

Wheels

15x8 wantanabies and maybe some fater meshies.

This is how it looks atm after alittle work on sunday.

gallery_5240_324_104127.jpg

gallery_5240_324_196074.jpg

gallery_5240_324_274454.jpg

gallery_5240_324_262669.jpg

gallery_5240_324_361234.jpg

gallery_5240_324_88826.jpg

gallery_5240_324_36668.jpg

gallery_5240_324_327180.jpg

gallery_5240_324_329893.jpg

gallery_5240_324_233792.jpg

gallery_5240_324_326418.jpg

gallery_5240_324_53617.jpg

comments welcome, tell us what you think. it will be a long project as i will be doing most of it myself. but should be good.

Edited by scotty1234

Members dont see this ad
looks tuff as, thats one of the biggest chunk out of a rim iv seen lol

yeah lost control in the wet and hit a storm drain... fail thats what killed the ae71 bent the lh chassie rail and all. but the tyre didn't pop and is still holding the 40psi that was in it before the accident lol. just wacked it on cause i wanted to test fit them. have driven on it aswell not too bad lol but will get it fixed properly for sure.

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys just an update, not much progress made so far working six days a week atm and have been spending a lot of time with my 3 month old daughter so not much time really, but it will continue, going overseas for two weeks soon so put on hold for awhile, bogged and primed most of the rear now. Also looks like engine plans may change spoke with Queensland Transport Department today I said I asked them recently what the maximum sized boosted engine I could put in my car was and of course same answer of 2.4ltrs max capacity I then stated I have been reading over the National Code of Practice the bloke pretty much shat himself he said yeah we currently don't run under that yet but it that it would be coming in mid next year, "around the time I will receive a lump sum of funding for the project". Anyway this means that the Tare Weight of the car is no longer x by 2.5 to find the boosted engine capacity but 2.75 this now allows me to follow my first plan of an rb26 powered corolla. :) :no2:

Edited by scotty1234

hey guys just an update, not much progress made so far working six days a week atm and have been spending a lot of time with my 3 month old daughter so not much time really, but it will continue, going overseas for two weeks soon so put on hold for awhile, bogged and primed most of the rear now. Also looks like engine plans may change spoke with Queensland Transport Department today I said I asked them recently what the maximum sized boosted engine I could put in my car was and of course same answer of 2.4ltrs max capacity I then stated I have been reading over the National Code of Practice the bloke pretty much shat himself he said yeah we currently don't run under that yet but it that it would be coming in mid next year, "around the time I will receive a lump sum of funding for the project". Anyway this means that the Tare Weight of the car is no longer x by 2.5 to find the boosted engine capacity but 2.75 this now allows me to follow my first plan of an rb26 powered corolla. :) :P

I can't believe that rim holds air. Thats massive.

Why rb 26, are you planning a 1000hp corolla? :no2:

Edited by LittleRedSpirit

I can't believe that rim holds air. Thats massive.

Why rb 26, are you planning a 1000hp corolla? :)

yeah still holding 40psi haven't filled it up since i hit the gutter... lol

nah looking for something completly different lots of 4age/ze/te's getting around and 20v's some sr's and 3sgtes but haven't seen a rb anywhere bar the rb30 one. had a good look and made a few calls last night and the rb would be an absolute nightmare to fit :no2: , so i have opted for second best for me but thats up for debate :P 1jz will be getting shoved in. i have talked with a mate running around 400hp from his with minimal mods so i know getting power is no issue. and nah not looking for a 1000hp rolla lol just a street car that i know can beat everything out there. plus it will be the only 1jz i know of around these parts.

Edited by scotty1234

yeah still holding 40psi haven't filled it up since i hit the gutter... lol

nah looking for something completly different lots of 4age/ze/te's getting around and 20v's some sr's and 3sgtes but haven't seen a rb anywhere bar the rb30 one. had a good look and made a few calls last night and the rb would be an absolute nightmare to fit :no2: , so i have opted for second best for me but thats up for debate :P 1jz will be getting shoved in. i have talked with a mate running around 400hp from his with minimal mods so i know getting power is no issue. and nah not looking for a 1000hp rolla lol just a street car that i know can beat everything out there. plus it will be the only 1jz i know of around these parts.

It sure would be different. Be careful in the corners!

I think you could get similar power out of a twin turbo v6, and it would hunker the weight back a bit and steer a bit better. I'm a bit biased towards v6s' though. Toyota has some awesome ones. All alloy and very powerful.

But hey its your thread mate, Id be curious to see how it comes together, no matter where the hp is coming from. :)