Your Corolla

Teddy

Yeah i love my ke20 corolla. THe circumstances in which i came to get my beast were somewhat lucky. I first had a ke70 which had been resprayed and lowered and just generally tidied up and then one day a ke20 came up in the trading post and it had all the good bits 5k, exhaust but my dad and his dodgy eyesight read it as a ke70 so we rocked up and saw it definently wasnt a ke20. A decision on the spot and we got a bargain and well since then 12 months of sweat blood and tears have gone into it and plenty of money

But this is one of the hardest cars to modify nothing is available it all has to be custom but definently worth it :D :D

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to vent my love, Teddy. lol

When I was looking to buy a first car I was looking for a TA22 celica but eventually got impatient with finding a good contender, so followed up an ad for an old corolla just because I knew they were a reliable and cheap car.

So I get there right, its a KE70, except its got bright blue paint and dished mags, with a sunroof to boot. Cool! Get in.. f@$ked interior.. oh well what do u expect. Drive it... didn't really know cars back then but it sounded cool and didnt have any bad noises. Not fast, but again what do u expect. I buy it and am happy with a pretty cool looking daily driver, that is manual and RWD to boot. Oh and a sunroof. That feeling never wore off and evolved to the state I'm in now, catching myself looking lovingly at my car sometimes, pity about how tight the exhaust pipe is. Its just cool, its really original and interesting, it has a lot of soul. Its a bright blue corolla! Its super user friendly to tinker with. I even love it for no reason. I learnt to drive in it! The engine puts up with a lot of shit. If I crash it, oh well its either cheap parts or a writeoff that doesnt hurt my wallet's feelings too much at all. This car was a successful mass product for a reason and I am proud to have a modified version of what most people just have because its cheap and reliable. Corollas deserve a lot of love, they are good to us.

Part of my love for my car would be biased by the fact I have a good stereo and love music :D

:D I think I've seen your car at BP near the ekka.

how cool is that if it was yours. I was very jealous of the sun roof.

but yeah I bought my KE70 because I couldn't afford anything else :D