Affordable Lightweight Wheels

Invisible Dark

Hey all, just wondering what kind of names you can drum up when it comes to lightweight wheels on a budget? Obviously theres the usual Rota, Gram lights etc etc more expensive stuff but I'm looking to change the heavy, wide chrome alloys that came on my corolla for something that the wee motor can spin a bit easier.

any help and suggestions welcome :S

Members dont see this ad
Hey all, just wondering what kind of names you can drum up when it comes to lightweight wheels on a budget? Obviously theres the usual Rota, Gram lights etc etc more expensive stuff but I'm looking to change the heavy, wide chrome alloys that came on my corolla for something that the wee motor can spin a bit easier.

any help and suggestions welcome :S

Whats available will depend on your stud pattern.

So what type of car do you have. If its a fwd rolla youd be looking for 4x100.

If its rwd probably 4x114.3 or 4x110.

So whatchya got?

its a 1989 csx hatch, sorry forgot to mention that think its an AE92

Then youd be looking for 4x100.

These things are pretty damn light, and this style is also poular amongst fwd people. Its called SSR MK2r.

Clears modern 4 piston brakes and honestly probably weighs under 7kg for a 15x7.

post-2885-1256437106_thumb.jpg

I run performance superlites on my race car and I wouldn't describe them as light weight by any stretch of the imagination.

The Konig Rewinds I have for it are much lighter.

Superlites are strong though, and they come at a good price. I have been told then can be lightened too by a supplier, but not sure how true that is.