Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

My 5K Ke35!

Featured Replies

updates on that dash conversion?

  • Replies 60
  • Views 109.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author

Not much of an update yet, found a way to modify the tacho signal the only thing for me to do is to work out how do to the fuel level indication, Guage Works said either 90 or so dollars to do it, but thats too much. Will update at the end of the week.

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Author

Have a small update on the dash conversion, have been able to connect up something that will modify the 4 cylinder signal into a signal that the dash will recognize. Needs work though, some filtering and some work on the dizzy i reckon. Also have found an awesome hall effect sensor that will screw straight onto the gearbox speed sensor thingo. Will update on that soon.

 

Here's a video of the tacho in action (it needs Tweaking like i've said, but as far as i'm concerned i'm as happy as larry that it works):

 

 

 

 

P.S. A unit to modify the signal from a special supplier is $220, whereas this one was around $30.

  • 5 weeks later...
  • Author

Have another update (not for the dash conversion), got a wheel alignment done about 3 months after I put new springs in. Was still getting like a burring sound from the front right wheel, took the bearing cover off and the grease was dark grey with metal flakes (which I think isn't a good thing :hmm: :hmm: ). New bearings and grease and it drives awesome now, finally happy with my front end after about 10 months. Will hopefully have a full time job by next week so should have some actual good updates for the beast.

lookin good keep up the good work

 

by any chance you didnt get hungry flaps sat on south road across the road from turbo tune think i seen ya looks good if it was you

  • Author

Yeah man was probably me, not many 35's with dragways driving around adelaide.

 

Thinking of doing the Valve Stem seals (burning way too much oil) tomorrow and the points gap aswell.

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

Time for an update....yay have a job so I can finally get the 35 to a respectable point, should be getting a Electronic Dizzy in the mail tomorrow, some new doors seals later in the week aswell, some new leaf springs (if they're the right ones, fingers crossed) and maybe a 5k motor next week probably should do the shocks aswell now that I think about it.

After I've installed the new dizzy I'll hopefully be getting a much cleaner signal for the dash conversion, will post a new video sometime this/next weekend.

 

Have posted this picture in the gallery but this is what I'm aiming for.....(minus the chopped roof)

 

post-9470-098440400 1292143391_thumb.jpg

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

The plans are coming together.....slightly worked 5k, 5 speed, twin carbies and a supercharger. And other little stuff like electronic dizzy, e70 discs and pads, the dash upgrade and finally doing something with my rear speakers and installation of front speakers as well.....and maybe finish the central locking and push button start switch panel thingy.

 

And I know this has been one of those long winded topics about me saying stuff that I'm going to do but I don't end up doing when I say I'm going to do it, but things have changed and I'm finally got motivation (cash) to get going so hang in there cause this will end up being a decent e35 :yes:

  • 3 weeks later...

If you could, you should chop the roof.

 

Looks heaps more aggressive!

 

:no2:

 

Any updates on how this 5k is coming along?

  • Author

Hey guys, have got the 5k motor sitting in my (dads) shed right now and have pulled the 3k out ready for the 5k to be dropped in.

 

I being an idiot had taken out the 3k before looking at the 5k and some gaskets need replaced, going to swap the waterpumps over aswell and pictured below is the start of some home head porting work. Rang a place on Brighton road about getting it matched to the inlet manifold and also putting in bigger valves but they said $600 and decided it's not really worth it, so gonna do it myself.

 

Piccies :yes: :yes:

 

Block and G.box not much to look at but:

 

post-9470-092403600 1295864183_thumb.jpg

 

My new pistons :lolcry: :lolcry: :lolcry:

 

post-9470-056945100 1295864197_thumb.jpg

 

This is what I've done so far with the head porting (the second inlet is the one that I've started). Did this with a dremel tool but going to try a die grinder tomorrow see if it's a bit quicker.

 

post-9470-096066600 1295864212_thumb.jpg

 

Hopefully have the headporting done by tomorrow night and will try and get the Block and gearbox in tomorrow aswell.....Am so happy aswell that the gearbox mounts line up so perfectly.

 

 

Jono.

 

 

 

 

Oh just remembered gotta do some new wiring aswell...list keeps getting longer :bash: but :dance: aswell

  • Author

Was so hoping to start this update with a positive note but I just stripped a thread in the block for the cylinder head so won't be doing anything with this until I get a helicoil put in.

 

I guess one good thing is I finished porting the head out using a die grinder at work to get rid of the bulk of the material and the dremel to smoothen them out....soooo wanted it in the car tonight though...... :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash:

Should left it alone dude and just fixed that water pump gasket and got it running prior to whipping the head off and stripping a headbolt thread. The engine ran perfect.

 

Also, changing water pumps means you'll have to change crank pulleys as they wont line up.

 

I went through the hassle with out of alignment pulleys due to the water pump snout being longer, and that was one of the reasons why I supplied you with the blanking cap.

  • Author

The water pump wasn't in good nick and the colour of the coolant wasn't to great so I'll end up getting the block flushed, changing the crank pulley isn't difficult either. I'd rather put the engine in and not worry about having to pull it apart again to do the ports and what not.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.