Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Nobblers Ap5 'goon (lotsa Pics)

Featured Replies

G'day all.

 

I have had the Wags for a couple of years now, it was bought after selling my beloved AE82 Tincan that I had alot of fun in.

 

I have always wanted to get back behind the wheel of another '60's car, it had been a while between cruisers as I had a VC val once upon a time that was turned into a tail dragging menace of the roads :)

When the AP5 came up for grabs I was in the market for another car and grabed it straight away, its come along way since then and still has along way to go. Paint will be getting done sometime in the future but for now I'm having too much fun getting it ready for the Nostalgia drags held throughout Oz.

 

Anyway, so everyone knows what I'm talking about, heres some pics.

 

This is when we first looked at it, clean and almost rust free. And more importantly, STOCK as they come! Although, in need of a good tidy under the hood!

23-09-07_1538.jpg

23-09-07_1536.jpg

23-09-07_1537.jpg

 

 

After a severe lowering, a new twin 2inch split exhaust and twin holden 6 stromie carbs on a rather had to find speco manifold... This is how it came up. Whitewalls, 8inch stealies on the rear and the bonnet scoop were the next to come (scoop was needed to clear the carbies in the end) made it even better!

 

03-05-08_1352-1.jpg

IMG_2339Large.jpg

 

I thought I had better throw something up about the hole in the bonnet.

This was something I liked the idea of for quite a while but hadnt got together and made it happen, I did have a hornett scoop on my old Torana but that was nowhere near as much fun as this, just ask Webers4x48 what he thinks of it!

 

Afther about 45mins of carefull (VERY carefull) measuring and a couple of beems I got stuck into it! 1mm grinding disks work a treat, although you need to keep the panel as cool as possible to keep the paint from buggering up. I used a jigsaw for the rounded part of the hole, not the best aproach but it worked great, just have to keep a steady hand!

The bigmoment was after putting the scoop back on and closing the bonnet... all was good, great in fact! a nice 10mm gap all round. Mind you, this ended up being a problem down the track once I put a different cam in the engine, it rumps and jumps round that much at idle now the scoop hits the bonnet! Bugger!

 

Better get some more pics up!

 

13-04-08_1717-1.jpg

27-04-08_1915.jpg

27-04-08_1917.jpg

27-04-08_1920.jpg

27-04-08_1925.jpg

27-04-08_1927.jpg

IMG_2370Large.jpg

 

 

 

And just some random pics taken over the time I've had it, just to keep you on your toes until next time.

 

101_1141.jpg

101_1144.jpg

100_0615.jpg

100_0616.jpg

Narrandera200925thanv098.jpg

IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0139.jpg

101_1129.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0205.jpg

 

 

Cheers, JP

Edited by TheNOBBLER

About time you made a rides thread for you 'goon Jarad. Loving the pics of you hacking away at the bonnet!

;) ....THAT'S NOT A RADIATOR?!? That'll only help your fuel consumption, lol :yes:.

Good work though! good to see you finally got around to posting a tread about the barge tho :)

  • Author

Cheers guys, it's coming along!

 

Yeah, that's no radiator! And the pics above it don't have a big snail crawling round my engine bay either!

 

Fuel economy is for pussies ;) but really, cruising on the primaries and not having it work hard creating a vacume to suck the fuel in all the time should actually help economy more than kill it... Well, that's on the primaries. I'm not running a 650 holley so I can slug around all the time! Over the next couple of years or so I'm looking to cut about 5 seconds off my 1/4 times!

 

JP

 

oh yeah, cheers Justin! If your GORing next year you And Ted should take it for a spin :)

awesome looking wagon dude, love the shape of it :wink:

PHUCK YEA.

 

that is all :wink:

Ok thats it, when i have cash i need to invest in some shares! :jamie:

Nice Waliant! (yeah yeah, bad wog joke)

 

I always wanted a VC valiant in "vitamin C" (orange)

 

The old slant 6 vals go like the clappers with some work, pity they don't stop and turn real well to match it! but definitely awesome sleds.

It's coming along well. Will be alot quicker a bit after christmas! Will be turbo time...

Now how about that for a Chrissie Present, a Turbo Setup on a Valiant AP5. Great Work you've done so far.

 

Cheers,

Josh :D

Awesome AP5 man!

 

Ive had my eye out for an AP5 or AP6 for ages but can't find a good one around the place for cheap :)

  • 2 months later...

UPDATES??

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.