Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What That I Hear? Mazda Wagon?

Featured Replies

f@$k you for owning this thing. :| i have a boner for RX4s full stop,

you got me pitching a tent damn it! good on you for having such decent taste, i look forward to more pics :D

  • Replies 71
  • Views 91.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
Oh and while I think of it - If you're getting fender mirrors CAN I PLEASE buy your current ones???

They're the only thing I need to do now to speacial interest reg my '4.

 

I also have an old mazda sales brouchure for RX4's in the glove box. If you want I can scan it for you as there's pictures showing the original fender mirrors?

 

You mean the mirror on the car now? It only rocks a drivers side one. All yours man :D

 

Do you have a picture of the genuine mirrors?

 

You bought this from Ace?

 

If so gah, this is very clean

 

Yea man brought it from Ace. Its very clean, paint is a little fader but apart from that its a great car.

You mean the mirror on the car now? It only rocks a drivers side one. All yours man :D

 

Do you have a picture of the genuine mirrors?

 

Yeah whats on it now, just driver will do for now. That is a genuine ADM one isn't it?

 

I've got pics (in the brochure) of the genuine JDM fender mirrors.

'77 rx4's had the same "merc" front end and a very average rear. 12a or 13b (as RX4 came with both) conversions are very easy with these legality wise.

 

 

Just saw these on ausrotang. This is what a '77 rx4 looks like....

 

"Merc front"....

P1020756.jpg

 

and "very average rear"....

P1020758.jpg

 

:D

  • Author
Yeah whats on it now, just driver will do for now. That is a genuine ADM one isn't it?

 

I've got pics (in the brochure) of the genuine JDM fender mirrors.

 

Easy its all yours. As far as i know its original, everything else on the car is!

 

Late model rx4's look crap :D

 

Lucky i have a pimping wagon rear end haha.

  • Author

Something wierd happened tonight, I had the venetian sitting around from my VW fastback, so i picked it up and lined it up with the mazda.... and it Fits!

 

The venetian from a euro fastback fits a Jap station wagon haha. Ok not perfect shape for the window but i doubt people will notice, saves me getting one custom made! Just need the side windows done now!

 

Pics to come!

saw this bad boy parked outside wok in a box in gawler on sunday mmm i like made me stop and have a suss

  • Author

Quick update on what ive been up to with the wagon.

 

The last week i have:

Gave it a good clean up generally.

Painted standard Wheels black.

Installed Flappers

Lowered front and rear approx 1.5 inches (rear will be going down one more inch)

Fitted a venetian from a 1970 Volkswagen Fastback.

Stole a new shift knob from U-Pull-It :P

 

IMG_1648.jpg

IMG_1643.jpg

IMG_1664.jpg

IMG_1672.jpg

 

Still to come:

Rear 1" lower

Stereo install

Curb Feelers

Fender mirrors

Custom Side window venetians

Edited by RA28GT

What is a curb feeler?

  • Author
What is a curb feeler?

 

These things:

 

Feelers.jpg

 

Its a hotrod/ratrod thing to do. Alerts you before hitting a curb when parking hence not messing up your walls.

very tidy wags!!!

 

nice work once again.

 

oh and curb feelers are supposed to go at the front :P

 

cheers, scott

  • Author
very tidy wags!!!

 

nice work once again.

 

oh and curb feelers are supposed to go at the front :P

 

cheers, scott

 

Your right they would make more sense to be installed on front (although maybe not for reverse parallel), however Ive seen the installed front and rear before. I put them on the rear because it looks cooler ;)

Looks sweet. Not sure if I like the port-a-walls on it. Would like to see it with double whites as a comparison. Not really a value for money exercise though I guess. So easy to do though I guess. Jeez you must keep John in business with port-a-wall purchases. I have them on the Stout and my Corty but I went with Derrel whitewalls for the Rolla cos I didn't think they would suit. Although they looked killer on your 20. So hard to decide.

 

Oh and by the way..... curb feelers are the tits. Love 'em. A great excuse to have a little bit more chrome on a car. :P

They will look awesome on the wagon. I think the walls will grow on me too.

  • Author
Looks sweet. Not sure if I like the port-a-walls on it. Would like to see it with double whites as a comparison. Not really a value for money exercise though I guess. So easy to do though I guess. Jeez you must keep John in business with port-a-wall purchases. I have them on the Stout and my Corty but I went with Derrel whitewalls for the Rolla cos I didn't think they would suit. Although they looked killer on your 20. So hard to decide.

 

Oh and by the way..... curb feelers are the tits. Love 'em. A great excuse to have a little bit more chrome on a car. :P

They will look awesome on the wagon. I think the walls will grow on me too.

 

Yup John loves me haha. Although Darryl has been around my place like 10 times now between me and my brother so he knows me pretty good now!

I love the port-a-walls, so much more than the single wall (although double would of been interesting?), ive always liked the port-a-wall look on anything 'standard' looking.

 

Also thinking about rocking a front lip (notice the toyota fender mirrors!)

 

Opinions? I can get this exact lip cheap in fiberglass.

 

one4.jpg

Edited by RA28GT

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.