Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What That I Hear? Mazda Wagon?

Featured Replies

I don't reckon the lip will suit the wags. Will make it look too front heavy? Hmmmm....... would be good to see one rigged up there for a look though. Hard to visualise. Don't reckon it will go with the walls and venetian. Although you pulled that looks off on the 20 with a lip, venetian and walls and that car looked effing sick! Yeh maybe just don't listen to me cos I dunno what I'm talking about. :P

  • Replies 71
  • Views 91.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I vote no front lip

 

I just don't think it would look right

Yeah I vote no front lip

 

I just don't think it would look right

 

How did I know I would open this thread to find styling tips from you ;)

 

Ben you need to spend more time producing something worthy of our attention. If you spent half as much time on that as you do handing out advice you would produce something jaw dropping :P

 

Oh and Troy, wicked as always :yes:

Opinions? I can get this exact lip cheap in fiberglass.

 

That exact lip won't fit the wagon as its for a "pointy nose" RX4. The Flat nose and "merc front" RX4/929's had a much flatter lower apron as well so you'll end up with a gap in the centre of it.

 

Oh and PM me some bank details and how much you want for that mirror. :P

no to a lip man,

 

keep this car simple, your ke20 had way to much going on and the whole thing near the end started becoming a mess. while i enjoy a "JDM" styled car as much as the next person, there is a point where you reach and just need to say thats enough. fenders mirrors would prob be overkill as well. maybe just change up the style of the door mirror.

 

like you are kinda going for a euro dub look with the flappers and sitting low, but then you want to throw on a lip and some fender mirrors more common on the "JDM" styled cars.

 

this is my opinion, but its your car troy and this is obviously your style as we've seen, each to there own.

  • Author
That exact lip won't fit the wagon as its for a "pointy nose" RX4. The Flat nose and "merc front" RX4/929's had a much flatter lower apron as well so you'll end up with a gap in the centre of it.

 

Oh and PM me some bank details and how much you want for that mirror. :)

 

How does $0.00 sound? A little steep?

 

no to a lip man,

 

keep this car simple, your ke20 had way to much going on and the whole thing near the end started becoming a mess. while i enjoy a "JDM" styled car as much as the next person, there is a point where you reach and just need to say thats enough. fenders mirrors would prob be overkill as well. maybe just change up the style of the door mirror.

 

like you are kinda going for a euro dub look with the flappers and sitting low, but then you want to throw on a lip and some fender mirrors more common on the "JDM" styled cars.

 

this is my opinion, but its your car troy and this is obviously your style as we've seen, each to there own.

 

I'm not going for any look nick. I do whatever i think looks good, i have never restricted myself to a certain style, i like aspects of JDM, euro, as well as things like ratrods and hotrods. I take what i like and try them on my cars, so far it seems to be pretty successful as everyone seems to like them and most importantly i love them.

 

I don't think my 20 was over styled at all, it had a fair bit going on but i think it blended very nicely together and made a fantastic looking car.

I don't think my 20 was over styled at all, it had a fair bit going on but i think it blended very nicely together and made a fantastic looking car.

 

Amen!

  • Author

$20 should cover postage to TAS.

 

As soon as my fender mirrors arrive ill take her off and send her to you.

 

PM me your address and ill pop you through some account details.

How did I know I would open this thread to find styling tips from you :(

 

Ben you need to spend more time producing something worthy of our attention. If you spent half as much time on that as you do handing out advice you would produce something jaw dropping :)

 

Oh and Troy, wicked as always ;)

 

Sorry, all I meant was the lip may not suit the whitewalled steelies, venetians and general look of this car. If someone doesn't agree with my opinion they do not have to take it on board.

 

I'll try and get some pics of my newest KE70 and maybe my VW up here if you want?

 

Advice taken

Sorry, all I meant was the lip may not suit the whitewalled steelies, venetians and general look of this car. If someone doesn't agree with my opinion they do not have to take it on board.

 

I'll try and get some pics of my newest KE70 and maybe my VW up here if you want?

 

Advice taken

 

buy a camera already ben!

haha yeah I got a camera now

Then what is stopping you ben?

 

Troy, I think this car has already reached it's potential. I wouldn't do anymore to it.

But, if you love changing the look, maybe change existing things on the car?

 

I.e. - flappers to twin whitewalls?

- different mirrors?

- different colour stocks?

  • Author
Then what is stopping you ben?

 

Troy, I think this car has already reached it's potential. I wouldn't do anymore to it.

But, if you love changing the look, maybe change existing things on the car?

 

I.e. - flappers to twin whitewalls?

- different mirrors?

- different colour stocks?

 

Wont be going double walls as i like my flappers. Potential is a limitation that people create in their heads, everyone has the potential to change and improve. Although having said that I'm not planning to do much more and what i have done and will be doing is very low on cost in the grand scheme of things.

 

Its now rocking fender mirrors (wont be for everyone) and I've started on my stereo install:

 

IMG_1683.jpg

IMG_1684.jpg

IMG_1700.jpg

IMG_1723.jpg

IMG_1704.jpg

IMG_1734.jpg

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.