December 10, 200916 yr Author comment_397028 Thanks for the feedback guys. I fitted the new shackle bushes today and also nutted out the reverse light problem which ended up being the fuse for the demister! Also put a new globe in the t-bar display. Tomorrow i should be heading off to my roadworthy guy and see how good i have actually made her! Matt. Report
December 10, 200916 yr comment_397044 You've done some great work to this Ke55 Matt. Keep it up. Hope the Roadworthy goes well for ya. Good Luck. Cheers, Josh :hmm: Edited December 10, 200916 yr by ewt Report
December 10, 200916 yr Author comment_397141 Thanks Josh. Does anyone know of the best place (in Vic) to get rear venetians. Also will normal sedan ke30/55 venetians fit on this car? Report
December 10, 200916 yr comment_397166 Got yourself a great little bargain there Matt ! Nice cleanup you are doing, will make for a far more stylish daily. :hmm: When I was going through the papers that came with my car a while back, I found a receipt from rares for my rear venetian. From memory the figure was $170, but I would guess that as usual they would not be the cheapest place around. Keep us posted mate. Report
December 11, 200916 yr comment_397269 No I've tried fitting sedan ones to a hardtop. They are completely different. There is a guy from SA on ebay that does brand new venetians. Last time I checked he was doing hardtop ones. Report
December 11, 200916 yr Author comment_397328 Ahh thanks Jon, because i was looking at my sedan and then the hardtop and not only is the angle different but the dimensions slightly too. I'll have to hit that guy on ebay up for a set then. Roadworthy guy was too busy today so it'll have to wait for next week but i had enough time to give her a coat of carnauba wax. Check out that shine! Report
December 14, 200916 yr comment_397921 Lookin' Sweet Matt. :) Any Updates since you last Posted?? Josh :y: Report
December 15, 200916 yr Author comment_398421 Hey Josh. Another small update for you! Got some chrome guard moulding today and fitted around the window gutters. Also fitted a dashmat today as well. Here are some quick pics. Also next thing to do is redo the chrome locking strips in the front and rear windscreens. Before After Dashmat Report
December 15, 200916 yr comment_398460 That the clip on gutter strip or you just buy the stick on type? Report
December 15, 200916 yr comment_398472 That the clip on gutter strip or you just buy the stick on type? I would also like to know that, if its something you can readily buy then i may be interested in trying some. if its not the actual trim, does it seem like it would come off easily? ie while driving Thanks Report
December 15, 200916 yr comment_398474 At the last Classic Jap show in Bris I spoke to an old man with the stick on type. They seem really good and he's never had problems. Plus they don't have the rusty clips. I'd say also good cause you can clean behind them better. Report
December 16, 200916 yr Author comment_398716 Yes guys that is the stick on type of chrome moulding. I got it from Supercheap and it's about $20 for five meters and it was enough to do both sides of my coupe with a little left over. It's not too hard to apply and seems to be stuck on pretty damn well and is easy to clean behind. Also made some more progress today. Took the discs off so that they could be machined and obviously re-packed the bearings while i was at it and also got new bearing seals. Got some new Bendix pads for the front as some fuddy duddy fitted DB1086's instead of DB1088's. Also gave the calipers and and caliper brackets a quick coat of satin black. Today i also cleaned up the rear shoes and drums and readjusted the handbrake. Also painted the drums satin black. BIGGEST NEWS YET - i got the RWC today and i am heading off to Vicroads tomorrow morning to get her registered! :locked: Here are some pics... Report
December 16, 200916 yr comment_398727 BIGGEST NEWS YET - i got the RWC today and i am heading off to Vicroads tomorrow morning to get her registered! :locked: You must be wrapped with the way things went. Congratulations. :n: Josh :cool: Report
December 16, 200916 yr Author comment_398755 I'm absolutely wrapped Josh. Not even one thing was brought into question for the roadworthy inspection. I'll have to meet up with you and your old man's rides and we can take some photos one day! Report
December 16, 200916 yr comment_398822 so is this coming on friday night Matt??? wait, what am i saying, of course it is, cos the other one dosen't have a working gearbox :locked: haha. catch you friday. dF Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now